Wednesday, January 4, 2012

11 week update...I can't believe I'm telling you some of this!

Please excuse the way I look in this picture. Maybe after you hear how my morning was, it will make more sense that I look like death! This is us at 11 weeks and 2 days. I was surprised when I looked at this picture, because I have a belly! I have been able to see it when I get out of the shower for a couple of weeks now, but now you can start to see it better when I'm dressed.

At 11 weeks the baby is over two inches in length and weighs 1/3 of an ounce and is the size of a lime. The baby grew an inch in one week!
The nails that are starting to develop on his/her fingers and toes are forming on individual fingers and toes because the baby's fingers and toes are no longer webbed (Thank goodness!) The baby is starting to straighten out and his or her torso is lengthening. From the ap that I have one my phone, this week the picture of the baby definitely looks like a baby. I know that sounds weird, but in the earlier weeks, there is no defined head, feet, etc. This week there is! The ears are in their final stage of development, hands and feet are in front of the baby's body, there is a little bitty nose, a mouth, and an open nasal passage. AND...depending on the gender of our little one, gender specific body parts and organs are taking shape. TYPING THIS MAKES ME SO EXCITED!

Me this morning:
 A tad bit green! At about 4 a.m. I was laying in the bed wide awake because my stomach was killing me and I could not find a comfortable position. I was debating whether or not to get out of bed to go and get my zofran, but I was too miserable to do it. So at 5:30, the alarm goes off and I feel like crying, but I drag my butt to the shower and get reading for work. I ate a little breakfast while getting ready and head out for work, first taking a Zofran that I had stored in my car. For about 5 miles down the road I was kind of gagging, but I thought I would be fine. Well I wasn't! On the back roads of Shelbyville I started heaving and THREW UP IN MY CAR! I barely had time to think, but I did manage to turn my head and try to hit an empty cup I had in the car. For the most part I was successful. Still driving and still getting sick, I began to look for a place to pull over. I drove and I drove and I drove. Where the heck was a driveway when you need one?! FINALLY I find a place to pull over, open the car door and continue to throw up on the side of the road. FANTASTIC! I did make it to work in time to get everything ready for the morning and I made it through the day without getting sick again. So....hints the reason I look like poo in the picture above.

Wow! I can't believe I told you some of that. Alright I am taking my pregnant self to join my sickly hubby on the couch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Louisville Area Homes

A look back

Followers

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved