Monday, June 18, 2012

35 weeks

Today marks the start of week number 35 and this morning we had a doctor's appointment on the progress of Addison. More on that in just a second, but here we are this morning before heading to the doctor.

 35 weeks

I am please/relieved/happy/joyful/thankful/etc... to say that Addison is no longer breech! (This is where you see me smiling from ear to ear!) That's right ladies and gentlemen, the handstands in the pool worked! In fact we told the doctor that we had done them while on vacation and her response was, "Good girl!" I thought that was a funny response. I was really nervous about finding out if she was still flipped the wrong way, so today was a day that I was dreading and looking forward to at the same time. It's always nice to get a check up on Addison, but I was scared to death that she was still going to be flipped and they were going to have to flip her themselves. Good thing we had those handstand contests!!  At first, Dr. Johnson couldn't tell if Addison was flipped by pushing on my stomach. Her exact words were, "She sure is cramped in there." This made it hard to tell what was her butt and what was her head. Basically I'm running out of room! She did a couple of other checks and was pretty sure she was head down, but wanted to double check by doing an ultrasound. She got the hand held ultrasound machine to check and it was clear as a bell that she had flipped.  WOO HOO for Addison!

Her heart rate was also great. It started out in the high 150's and then jumped to the 160's when she got excited. Still very strong. Everything is also great with me. I love when the doctor says everything looks perfect. That will make a first time pregnant woman feel so much better! Basically at this point, it's a waiting game until Addison is ready to make her grand entrance. 

Which brings me to this:
Yesterday at the Father's Day dinner that mom had for my side of the family, everyone decided to take a vote on when they thought Addison would be born. The picture above shows the predictions that everyone made. I think it's safe to say that hardly anyone thinks I'll make it to my due date. Mike says he thinks she will be punctual, so his guess is right on the 23rd, but he originally said he thought the 20th or 26th. I find this next little fact a bit odd. My mom asked me yesterday when I thought the baby would be here. I told her I thought that I would make it to the 17th, but no longer. My Papaw immediately said," Right on the due date!" I told him that I wasn't due until the 23rd and he was confused because he thought this whole time I was due on the 17th. Coincidence? Maybe she'll be here the 17th!

Size of Addison This week Addison is compared to a honeydew melon. She is measuring around 18-20 inches and is weighing in at about 5 1/2 pounds. She shouldn't get very much longer than what she is right now, but she will continue to accumulate weight. Luckily, the website I got this information from says that she should be so snug in there that she is no longer flipping around, but should still be just as active by kicking. She's head down and will stay that way fingers crossed! The doctor said the same thing. Her kidneys are fully developed this week and her liver is functioning beautifully. Her brain is also doing a lot of developing this week.  



Movement: active, active little girl! We knew that already though :)

Sleep: Still the same as it was before. I'm getting up a lot to go to the bathroom, but when I'm asleep I am getting a good night's rest.

Symptoms: Nothing new really. I am continuing with the Braxton Hicks, which I get about 3 times an hour. My doctor says this is fine as long as they don't become consistent or about 6 times an hour. In that case, we better get our booties to the hospital!

What I'm looking forward to: We actually have another baby shower coming up in about 5 days. It is being thrown by my mother and sister-in-law and I am excited about that. We are in the process of finishing our basement as well and this week they are finishing up the drywall. It's almost done!!

Memory from the week: Mike and I got to spend lots of quality time with our niece on Friday and Saturday. My sister-in-law had to work and her husband was going out of town to camp with some friends, so they needed some help. She asked us if we would be able to keep Olivia overnight since she works night shifts and I don't even think Mike and I thought about it before we told her we'd love to! Rachel was a little nervous because it was the first time that Olivia had been away from her or Chris overnight, but I am so happy she trusts us enough to leave Olivia for the first time in our care. We were so excited to have her spend the night with us and she did great! She slept almost through the entire night. She woke up once at 3 and took a bottle, but then went right back to sleep. We played, read books, took a bath, napped, ate, laughed and had a great time! Olivia is seriously the cutest, happiest and fun baby. It really makes me look forward to when Addison gets here and I get to do that all the time. And guess what?! Pumpkin did great with her! I was really worried about how she would act once Addison gets here, but I am now a lot more confident in her. She became buddies with Olivia and didn't try to nip at her once. That's a sigh of relief! I can't end this post without showing you some precious pictures of my adorable niece!
Isn't she the cutest?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Louisville Area Homes

A look back

Followers

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved