Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Confession Time

First thing first...I LOVE MY MOMMA. She's seriously the best mom in the world. It doesn't matter what I need, or what crazy thing I ask from her, she will happily do anything I ask. So since I said those sweet things about her, she can't be mad at me for this post. (love you, momma!)

Let me take you to about 16 years ago. I was 9, Brittany was 6 and Madi was still a little bun in the oven. After church one Sunday my mom and dad wanted to go to KFC for the buffet. When mom and dad were dating they went on a lot of dates where they ate the buffet at this one particular KFC, so we had been there before. So... here we go into the KFC... my mom, dad, sister and I for some good eatin' on Sunday afternoon. 

At this point my mom was about 7 months pregnant with Madison. Although I love her to pieces now, being in the third grade I felt like my life was over because my mom was pregnant. She always tells me how embarrassed I was whenever she was pregnant. I would hardly even get in the car with her when she picked me up from school (bratty, I know!) We pay for the meals, go through the line, eat our plate of food and my mom goes back for seconds. Brit, dad and I are still in a good mood at this point. She eats the second plate and goes back for some more chicken legs. Somewhere between the third plate and who knows how many more, Brittany and I STRETCHED OUT IN THE BOOTH AND TOOK A NAP. When we woke up, I kid you not, my mother was STILL EATING! At this point I remember Brittany or I one begging her to stop eating so that we could go home. BAHAHA!

Since that day it has always been a family joke about the KFC and their buffet. There isn't a time I eat at one or pass one where I do not think of that day. When it happened I was miserable, but looking back it's so funny.

Ok, confession time. Tonight Mike went out to run an errand and called to see if I wanted him to bring home some KFC. The more we investigated, it was cheaper to go and eat at the buffet than to bring it home. I KNOW WHAT YOU'RE THINKING...no I did not pull a Mindy! So here we go, the pregnant woman and her husband to the LaGrange KFC on senior citizen night for some fried chicken. I couldn't help but laugh. Now it's me in my mother's shoes... Pregnant and at the buffet. I immediately texted her and my sister, Brittany and they died! Now granted Mike did not have to take a nap in the booth while I finished off the rest of the chicken in the buffet warmer, I did laugh because I am now pregnant and eating at the buffet. My how times have changed!

My mother is going to kill me for telling this story!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Louisville Area Homes

A look back

Followers

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved