Saturday, December 31, 2011

What a year!

Happy New Year's Eve everyone! I can't believe that 2011 is already coming to an end and we are about to start a new year. I remember when Madison was born, my mom calculated the year she would graduate high school (2013) and back then that seemed like an entire lifetime away. Now I can't believe it's next year! Mike and I always joke that New Year's is the most overrated holiday. It seems like there is all hype about what to do, where to go and what to wear and for some reason it always seems like it's a bust. We are probably the most low key New Year's Eve people ever. We are totally cool with lounging in our pajamas with a couple of friends. Mike really likes playing board games, so that is always on his list of things to do. Some of our favorites are Things, Balderdash, and Mike's favorite, Monopoly. If you have never played Things, do yourself a favor and GO GET IT! We love that game! This year we are going to be celebrating the holiday at Ryan and Erin's house...a very low key night! In fact, most all of the couples that are going to be there are either pregnant or have  infants. If that does not scream low key, I don't know what does. In fact, the invitation said come comfy...in your pj's if you desire. That's my kinda New Years!

As I reflect on 2011 I feel extremely blessed at all of the things that I have experienced...

1. Started my Master's Degree...
2. Finished 9/10 classes for my degree (WOOOHOOO!!!) The last class starts on the 9th :)
3. Made new friends
4. Reconnected with old ones
5. Traveled to Denver for the first time
6. Watch two of my best friends welcome babies into their family
7. Found out my best friend was expecting
8. Spent a fun weekend at the lake with  my family
9. Found a new church home
10. celebrated our second wedding anniversary
11. had a wreck infront of St. Matthew's mall (NOT MY FAULT)
12. Found out I am going to be an aunt
13. FOUND OUT I'M GOING TO BE A MOMMY!!!

My question is...what in the world does 2012 have in store for me?! As I read through this list, I am reminded of this bible verse..."To those whom much is given, much is expected." -Luke 12:48. To say I am blessed beyond belief is an understatement. I am so thankful for this life that God has given Mike and I, and I pray that we can honor him in all we do!

I will leave you with some pictures of the hubby and I on our first New Year's together at a couple. This seems like forever ago!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Louisville Area Homes

A look back

Followers

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved