Friday, January 13, 2012

Abigail Jean/Marie Fogle

I had to share this because, well, it's just too darn funny to keep to myself. I LOVE my kids at school. They seriously crack me up! My mom always says that I should write a book of things that the kids in my classes have said to me over the years and I am starting to think that she is right.

So yesterday we are standing in the hallway and two of my girls, Abigail and Amelia, start asking me questions about the baby. "Did you come up with a name yet?" "Who do you think the baby is going to look like?" "What names are your favorite?" "Do you want twins?" I mean they were some curious little girls. After answering 100,000,000 questions, Abigail looks at me and says:

"I was telling my mom that you and Mr. Mike like the name Abigail and that you might name the baby after me."(Not sure where she got that part, but oh well, I think she's precious!)

She then says, "The more I think about it I can really see your baby being Abigail Fogle. I mean I can just see it now in big gold lights: ABIGAIL FOGLE."

I about died! I think I doubled over laughing. "I can see it now in big gold lights." HA!! The two of them then get back to the classroom for indoor recess and get out whiteboards that we often use during math lessons. They were writing down names that they thought we should name the baby. Here were some of their favorites:
Abigail Jean Fogle
Abigail Marie Fogle
Abigail Megan Fogle
Abigail Amelia Fogle
Amelia Megan Fogle
Amelia Sadie Fogle

and their favorite...

ABIGAIL JEAN MARIE FOGLE (what a name!)


So I ask them," What are you going to do if it's a boy?" Their reply," Um, we like girls better. Their names are cooler and their clothes are better. We want it to be a girl only!" 

They made my day with this 30-45 minute rant about names and the baby! I do love these kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Louisville Area Homes

A look back

Followers

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved