Tuesday, January 10, 2012

My little detectives

I am playing catch up with all of the posts tonight because we have had a lot of fun and exciting things happen that I want to make sure that I document everything. I said I was going to wait until after we had our first ultrasound to tell my students that I was having a baby. So after the ultrasound on Friday I was ready to tell them. Monday morning I told my students that I had something important to tell them, but I couldn't just come out and say it. Instead, I needed them to be detectives and put the clues together. I showed them a series of pictures, all of which they knew had something in common and we talked about why I would bother to show it to them.
Here was their first clue: 
Then I asked, "Why do you think I showed you this?" Some of the responses:
1. You got hurt last weekend and you had to go to the hospital
2.You fell and had to get stitches
3. Someone from your family is going to be a doctor
4. Mr. Mike is in the hospital
(Bless their hearts, they were obviously confused!)

Their second clue was this:
BLUE   PINK

My question was, "Why would I show you a hospital and these colors together?"
Responses all had something to do with the doctors and nurses in the hospital wearing blue or pink scrubs.
(Wrong my friends, very wrong)

Their third clue: 
This is when about half of them went, "OOOHHHH!!!" So I asked them what they thought I was telling them now. Bless their little naive hearts.... They said,"Someone is having a baby!" Well, yes! But who?!

For those friends of mine who were still clueless I showed them one last clue: 

One of my little girls then said, "I think she's trying to tell us that SHE'S going to have a baby!" Thank you Jesus, we figured it out!! They were very excited that "Mr. Mike" and I are going to have a baby. Of course they had lots of questions like when is the baby due, is it a boy or a girl and what are we naming the baby. The biggest comment was that they were glad the baby would be here this summer because they didn't want to have a sub for the rest of the school year. :) At least I know I'm loved!

I thought it was a pretty fun way to spread the news with my other 25 children...From what I've been hearing from their parents, they are VERY EXCITED!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Louisville Area Homes

A look back

Followers

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved