Saturday, April 7, 2012

From the mouths of babes

My heart was touched this week by my kids at school. Sometimes I don't give them enough credit and then little things like I am about to share with you happen and it about brings me to tears at how considerate they can be. 

One of the teachers at my school wanted to collect money to buy small whiteboards for the children in Henryville to use for the rest of the school year. It was one thing that teachers said they really could use, so we collected money, went to Lowe's and had enough whiteboards cut for the elementary school that is struggling to recover after the tornadoes that hit last month. My colleague sent another email around and asked if we could have our kids make a card for the students in the school so that when their boards were delivered all of the children had a card to go along with it. My class spent a lot of time talking about the tornadoes, what happened and how close those people live to us. I gave them some construction paper and let them get to work. The pictures below are some of the sweetest and heartfelt cards. Get ready, it will definitely make your heart happy :)




There were about 20 more of the same types of cards. I was just so proud of my kids and how kind they were to the other children who are struggling to recover. I love these little reminders of why I chose the profession I did. They really are great kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Louisville Area Homes

A look back

Followers

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved