Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter and an update

This Easter was great! Mike and I went home to my mom and dad's house on Saturday night that way we were there to wake up early and go to church together. I was able to attend my childhood church (Southland Christian) which many of you know as six flags over Jesus, but when I think of this church I think of home. It's where I grew up going, where I sang in the church Christmas plays, where I spent every Wednesday night in middle school, where I stood on pews in children's church and sang worship songs, where I spent lots of time in the summer and most importantly where I found Jesus. I have such good memories of that church and it makes me so happy when I get to go! Jon did a great job with the service and he even related it to UK basketball (Good job Jon, good job!) After church we went home, had some lunch, and spent most of the afternoon outside. We played cornhole, croquet (believe it or not, I won the first game!!) and took about a three mile walk. It was a great day! Here are some pictures that were captured on Sunday:
 my momma and daddy...matching :)
 My little family. Pumpkin joined us for the picture. No, she was not mad, I think the sun was just in her eyes. No, your eyes are not mistaken... I have that big of a bump. And yes, my husband is that cute :)
Brit, Madi and I. If you could see Brit's skirt we all actually matched and none of it was planned. Great minds think alike!

So on Easter we started our 25th week of pregnancy. If we were to measure Addison from the top of her head to her feet she would now be about 13-14 inches long. No wonder I feel like I grew overnight because at her 20 week appointment (which I was really 2 days away from 22 weeks) she was 7 inches in length, so in three weeks she has doubled in size and I feel like I have as well. Don't let all those celebrities fool you ladies, they don't feel as glamorous as they look. I see those pictures above and I think, "Good grief my face looks fat!" Definitely am beyond the point of feeling "cute." Good thing I get a prize at the end of this! 

This week Addison will start to accumulate fat on that little body of her's as she begins to prepare for her birthday this July. And...she's getting more hair this week. If we were able to see her then we'd be able to tell the color of her hair as well as the texture. CRAZY!

Here's the update on the two of us:
Cravings: I not only love to eat fruit now, but I have a specific favorite...PINEAPPLE! Luckily they've been on sale at Wal-Mart so I've been eating a ton of it! 

Symptoms: Since I look like I have swallowed a basketball my back has started to hurt. I went outlet mall shopping yesterday and I had to sit down. Let me repeat myself, I had to take a break while shopping! That's NEVER happened before! I shopped til I dropped, but I dropped a lot sooner than normal! I've also had heartburn. Specifically if I drink anything carbonated or tomato based, I feel like I could breath fire! I can't do spaghetti or lasagna right now because it just makes me too uncomfortable. 

That's about all...have a good one friends! Addison and I definitely are having a great day because my momma is here and because it's SPRING BREAK!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Louisville Area Homes

A look back

Followers

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved