Friday, September 7, 2012

2 months


Addison,

In two very short months I know one thing for sure; my life is a million times better with you in it. Your daddy and I think that you absolutely hung the moon and stars and we couldn't be more proud to be your parents. There have been many nights when we have the TV on and you are in your swing beside it and I have found myself staring at you instead of the TV because I am just so amazed by you. I can't believe that God actually chose me to be your mommy! You're beautiful and amazing and I love you more than you will ever know.



In the past two months I have realized that you have helped me become a better person. I want to be the best that I can for you. I want you to have it all...the best role model, the best guidance from me and your dad, the best mom, the best Christian role models, nothing but the best for my girl. Everyday I wake up I strive to be better than the day before and it's all because of you.You are one amazing baby and I am better because of you. I love you to the moon and back Addy Bug!


This month you rolled from your back to your side. I just so happened to catch it on video tape :)



You smiled at daddy and mommy for the first time. You actually smiled at your daddy first because he was taking his finger and moving your mouth to make it look like you were talking. You grinned from ear to ear at him and our hearts melted a little more! A couple of days later you started to smile at me. Now you are smiling up a storm and I am mush every time you do it!



You love to hold our finger while we are feeding you your bottle. Speaking of bottles, you now take 4 oz. at every feeding.


I had to take you to the doctor about your shoulder because it was popping a lot. You shoulder was fine and we found out that you weigh 8 lbs 1 oz. At you actual 2 month checkup you weighed 8 lbs 5 oz and were 21.25 inches long. You are in the 3-10th percentile for weight and 10-25th for height.



You are sleeping almost through the night. You wake up only once now to take a bottle and you go right back to sleep. You did sleep all the way through the night one time and it scared me to death!



You LOVE fans and lights. You are absolutely mesmerized by them!


You have found your tongue. In fact, if we stick our tongue out at you, you stick yours back out at us.



Mommy is not brave enough to let you sleep all the way in your room at night, but I have forced myself to let you at least take naps in your crib. You hate it and don't sleep well in there at all. In fact, a nap in your crib will last about 10 minutes. In your swing or hammock, you sleep for at least an hour.



At first you didn't like being swaddled. One night a couple of weeks ago we decided to give it another try and you LOVE it now! We call you Addy Burrito when you are all wrapped up.


You don't really enjoy riding in the car.  I have to plan my trips out of the house at the right time so that you will be sleeping while I am driving. If not, you scream all the way to where we are going and have tears in your eyes when I am finally able to get you out of the car seat. Poor baby!



You are starting to fit into your 0-3 month clothing, but some of your premie outfits still fit you. We think you are going to be built like your aunt Madison...long and skinny.


You have the prettiest eyes! They are big and they are VERY blue. Lots and lots of people comment on them. 


Happy 2 months, Addison Dawn. I love you very, very much!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Louisville Area Homes

A look back

Followers

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved