Tuesday, March 27, 2012

week number 23

Here we are in the middle of week number 23. Doesn't sounds too far along until you think about it this way...next week we will be 6 months pregnant. Holy cow! Where has time gone?! Like Mike was saying last night, someone asked him when our anniversary was and he told them July. They responded with, "Wow, you have another one coming up soon in just a couple of short months." It was then that he said he thought,"Yea, we will have an anniversary in a few months...whoa...that means Addison will be here!" He told me that it hit him that we don't have too much longer to go. Not really if you stop and think about it! Things are coming together great! In fact, right now I am blogging from Addison's room in her new glider that we picked up last night :) It's too cute, but I'm gonna save pictures for when I do an entire post of the finished nursery. Let's just say we like it so much that we hung out in her room last night for about an hour. It's just too cozy already!

Anyway, here is an updated picture of Addison and I at 23 weeks. I hate this picture, but I will share it anyway...
She seriously took a growth spurt over night. I told my mom  a couple of weeks ago while we were out shopping that my belly was cramping just a little bit. I kid you not, I woke up the next morning and there was a bump. I guess it was just her growing and expanding in there. Now when I feel her kick it's above my belly button at times and I've even been able to feel her on both sides of my stomach at once when she has her arms and legs going.

From the update that I get from my app, she now has eyebrows that are visible and has mastered the skill of sucking. She also has bones in her inner ear that are starting to harden, so she also has a sense of balance. Right now her balance includes knowing whether she is upside down or not. That's good for her because she's so active I am sure she gets turned upside down a lot! The other night she moved ALL.THROUGH.THE.NIGHT. I could not find a position where she would settle down, which resulted in a restless night for this momma. Her pancreas is also developing at a steady rate now. She is producing insulin that will help her break down sugars from the food she is getting from me.

As for me, I am doing great. Cravings are still the same, fruit, fruit, fruit. Other than that, I can't say that anything in particular has sounded good to eat. I am starting to think this whole pickles and ice cream thing is a myth! I really don't feel too different in my eating habits except that I have to have more snacks than I used to. I am still trying my hardest to be healthy about it. Today I had a banana for one snack and a granola bar for the other. Not too bad...

Sleep has been going pretty good except for the other night, which I was telling you about earlier. Addison is just growing so much and she is such an active little girl that when she decides to stay up late, that means her mommy stays up as well.  Wait a sec...is this God preparing me for what is to come? I think so!

Maternity clothes...I haven't blogged about them for a while because, well, I HATE them! I had a break down not too long ago because I went to 9 different stores in one day and had no luck at all. Poor Mike! I tried on maternity pants as well as regular pants in the next size up, but nothing, I mean nothing, worked.  Luckily, I had a tip to check out Marshall's because they had some cute dresses and I had some luck there. I've gotten a couple of maternity tunics and dresses, but the ones from Marshall's are just one size up from what I normally wear. Remember the old khaki pants? Well now I am kinda taking pride in them because they still fit. When I say fit, I mean I can tie a rubber band around the button and rig it to work. I think now it's become a game with myself to see how long I can pull those bad boys off! Don't worry though, I'm not wearing them religiously like I used to have to do!

OH! I almost forgot. Mike and I are going to register this Friday and we could really use your help. We need to know which products you recommend, which ones you didn't like and brands that you think are the best. Leave us your comment below and help us first time parents out! We don't know what we're doing when it comes to registering!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Louisville Area Homes

A look back

Followers

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved