Friday, March 16, 2012

21 weeks, a painted room and a doctor's visit

We have been VERY busy these past few days! My mom and dad had my baby room furniture painted earlier this week and then came down to the house to deliver the finished product last night. While they were here Addison's room went from yellow to baby pink :) Here is the fabric that we chose for her bedding along with the paint swatch of the color of her room before we painted:
I don't know why this picture is flipped. It's the correct way on the computer, but when I upload it, it flips. Oh well!

I love the color of the room! I think that it's precious! Just to give you a little sneak peak of the upcoming nursery, I took my weekly update picture in Addison's room to show you the color of the walls and the nursery furniture now that it's put together.
Look how cute her little pink room is! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! I think it's the cutest little color for a nursery. Not too bright, just very soft. It looks beautiful with the white trim, bookcase and furniture that's in the room. What do you think? I do realize that the mattress is low right now, we will have to move it up once her bedding arrives. 

My belly is definitely starting to grow now! People keep saying I don't look pregnant, but when I see these pictures I DEFINITELY look like there's a baby in there! Maybe they are just being really nice to me (lol).

Addison had her 20 week check up this afternoon (we are almost 22 weeks though). Her Mimi, Nanna and Papaw all got to tag along to the ultrasound. They loved seeing her move, well what movement she did today and see how much she has developed from the other pictures they have seen. Let me brag on my girl for a moment and show you some pictures that the ultrasound tech snapped this afternoon: 

 Addison's heart rate was 146 this afternoon. She has all of her organs, heart chambers, fingers and toes :) One happy mamma here!
 Can you see in this picture she is face down? Well let me just tell you...it took a lot of work to get some good   
shots today. Usually I have some caffeine before an ultrasound so that she will be moving all around. Today I had a half a cup of coffee, but that was it. During the ultrasound she was sound asleep and face down. Doesn't make it very easy to get a good picture. The tech had me lay on my left side, my back, my right side, my back...you get the point. Finally she did flip face up, but then she covered her face with her hands. We poked at her enough to get her to cooperate for a few minutes :)
 There's my sweet girl I think she is going to look like her mother. Mike and I both think she has my face shape and a friend of mine said she thinks she has my features when she saw the picture. 
 Can you see the chambers of her heart in the picture?
 There's her little foot...

In every ultrasound picture she has been sucking her thumb. Today we also saw her yawn and stretch. I think she was saying, "Come on mom! No coffee today?! I'm pooped and you all won't leave me alone so I can sleep!"

 Side profile again...
I think she has the sweetest little profile!

Dr. Grider said that everything looked fantastic. She had everything that they check for in this ultrasound and she is weighing in the 38% percentile. They said at the moment she is 15 oz., around 7 inches in length and absolutely perfect. Ok, ok they didn't say the perfect part, I added that in :) She does look pretty perfect if you ask me though!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Louisville Area Homes

A look back

Followers

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved