Sunday, March 18, 2012

22 weeks

We are starting our 22nd week of pregnancy tomorrow. I am growing (literally) more excited by the day. Since we have her room painted and most of the furniture is in, it feels so real now! This week Addison looks like a miniature newborn. Everything is finally developed, it's just time for her to spend time growing until she is ready to enter the world. We were told Friday that she is one ounce shy of a pound and is 7 inches long. The apps on my phone are pretty accurate. They say that she is around a pound, which is pretty close if you ask me! Her lips, eyelids and eyebrows are more distinct this week and she is even starting to develop little tooth buds under those little gums of hers. Her eyes have formed now, but she lacks pigment in them for a few more weeks. She also has enough nerve endings in her fingers to start to experience the sensation of touch. Many of the videos I have watched say that she will start to play with the umbilical cord to develop her grip. Kinda weird, but whatever! Here is a picture of Addison and I today before heading to church:
There's not too much else to report on this week. I haven't had any new symptoms or cravings lately; we are just growing and developing as we should :) I guess no news is sometimes good news! By the way I am watching my dog and husband chase a moth around the living room right now. Mike is grabbing at it and Pumpkin is snipping and barking. Hopefully between the two of them they can catch it. Don't you have a good visual right now?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Louisville Area Homes

A look back

Followers

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved