Thursday, July 26, 2012

Date night as mommy and daddy

Mike and I have always had date night at least once a week. This is just something that we started when we were dating and we have grown to love our time set aside each week to "date" each other. While Addison was staying her extra day in the hospital, I had been discharged. That meant that when it came time for meals, I was no longer on the rotation to have mine delivered. So Mike and I decided to have date night at the hospital. Addison had to have her levels checked every so often and we had to take her to the nursery to do so. It normally took them about 45 minutes to an hour to check her out completely and we were not allowed to go back with her. When we dropped her off, we decided to have our first mommy/daddy date night at the hospital. Mike and I went to the cafeteria, ate dinner together and then went to the gift shop to look around. We got tickled at ourselves, but it was nice to get out of that hospital room and walk around a little bit. Being cooped up in one room for 3 days will make you go stir crazy! Just a funny little story I thought I'd share about our first date as new parents...I am sure we were quite the sight....in our pjs, not shaved, worried to death about our little girl, sleep deprived and waddling around. Glad we didn't run into anyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Louisville Area Homes

A look back

Followers

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved