Sunday, July 29, 2012

All about Addy

Isn't this whole blog all about Addy? Who am I kidding, right? Well I wanted to share with you some of the things I've learned about my sweet little bug over the past three weeks. That's right...three weeks. Time is flying!

1. She is brave. After watching her have her little foot pricked the first 5 days that she was alive, I tried my best not to get upset. Her daddy did too. She on the other hand handled the situation very well. The nurse would stick her foot, she would jump and then just sit there. Not one time did she cry. I think it's safe to say that she also has a high pain tolerance. Thank goodness that whole thing with jaundice and blood work is over. I don't think her daddy and I could have taken it any longer.

2. She loves to read. At night sometimes the only thing that can get her to stop crying is to read her a book. We've been reading lots of bible stories. The only one that she doesn't seem to like is Samson and Deliah.She cries every time I read it...Who knows why.

3. She likes being outside. When she had jaundice my mom and I sat outside with her a couple of nights so she could get some natural sunlight. We would just melt in our arms.  I guess that warm sun felt good...she gets it honest though because her daddy LOVES being outside as well. Maybe next year she will be outside helping him in the garden!

4. She just might be a practical joker.

5. She is patient...except when it comes to her food. When she is hungry, she is hungry. You better have that bottle ready to go!

6. Girl can eat! Oh yes she can! We started giving her 2 ounces of milk because that is what I kept reading that babies around her age eat. At first, this was enough, but very quickly she started wanting more. She now takes at least 3.5 ounces at each feeding and at night she sometimes takes more. Mike says she might be a competitive eater. lol...

7. She's a cuddle bug. Oh my favorite! I could cuddle her all day long! She will curl up into a little ball on your shoulder and lay there all day long and I can't get enough of it! Because of this she has acquired the nickname BUG (my little cuddle bug...)

8. She loves bath time. When we put her in her little tub she will look around and crack little smiles. It's really cute!

9. She is cold blooded. This she gets honest too because I am ALWAYS cold! She has so many warm and soft blankets that she loves to be wrapped up in.

10. She loves her hands. We tried the whole swaddling thing, but she loves to have her hands up by her face when she sleeps, so that didn't work out too well for us. Even in her ultrasound pictures we could see that her hands were always up by her face. It's funny the little things that you notice from your pregnancy once they are here.

11. She's a sound sleeper. Addison snores. Yes...snores. It's hilarious! Now we just need her to snore at night instead of during the day. We're working on it....

12. She's ticklish, especially on her back.

I know one thing, she is the most amazing little girl. I find myself just staring at her all the time because I am seriously amazed by her. I feel so blessed to be the one that she is going to call mamma. Oh, how I love her so!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Louisville Area Homes

A look back

Followers

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved