Tuesday, May 8, 2012

BIG goals


This is a term that has become a basic part of my vocabulary this year. We have been talking with the students all year long about setting BIG goals for themselves as well as how they are going to reach those big goals.  So why not set BIG goals for myself as well?! I am hoping that by saying it out loud, or typing it for that matter, then I will hold myself accountable to the goal that I am about to set for myself. Ok here it goes...

I love to run. I find it to be relaxing and calming. I love heading out on a sunny day with my favorite Pandora station playing loud not really knowing when I am headed. Something about it brings be back down when I am stressed. I haven't been able to run lately though. I did go for runs/walks until I was around 24 weeks, but now that I am getting bigger it actually hurts to run.,, AND I MISS IT! I told Mike the other night that I can't wait to start running again, which leads me to my BIG goal that I've been pondering.

I want to run the Derby mini next year. I have never run a mini or a full marathon, and to be honest I'm a little scared of it. I like running until I get tired, which is usually below 5 miles, but why not go for it? Why not push myself? It will give me something to train for and something to look forward to while working out after little bitty makes her debut.  I want to get back into running ASAP after her birth and I am thinking that by setting the goal of running the marathon I will push myself a little bit harder. I told Mike that since he really didn't want to sign up to run it as well, then he and Addy can be my cheerleaders while I am running. 

Ok...I said it so don't let me back out! Hold me to this! Heck, even sign up to run it with me, but don't let me get out of this! I want to feel the sense of accomplishment that this man is feeling:
Ok, so here is goes...training will start as soon as I have recovered after Addison is born :)

3 comments:

Louisville Area Homes

A look back

Followers

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved