Thursday, May 17, 2012

30 weeks

So I have slacked this week big time. I have reasons though...we have been "taking down the KPREP test" and I've been a little preoccupied. I should start by saying that I am so glad that test is over. I am exhausted and I wasn't even the one that took the test, so I know my kiddos are worn out!Every day this week I have come home from work and CRASHED. I'm talking like 2 hour naps every single day.

 This week started the 30th week of our pregnancy. I seriously can't believe that next week we will be in the single digits (week wise) until our due date. I know I say this all the time, but seriously, where has time gone?! I was telling a girl that I work with that before I was pregnant I always thought that 9 months seemed like so long to be pregnant, but now that I am the one pregnant it seriously goes by so quickly!


This week I used the picture from this past weekend at Hannah's shower. On Saturday we were 29 weeks and 6 days, so I figured that was close enough :)

Addison is doing great this week. She should be measuring around 18 inches in length and around three pounds in weight. I should expect her to gain another 5-8 pounds before she is born. Lord help me! Her current comparison is to a head of lettuce. Her little brain is working overtime and developing the fastest that it has all pregnancy. There are many nerve endings that are connecting and she can now perceive information from all 5 of her senses. Some of these, like her sense of smell, aren't currently being used, but it is fully developed until she is born.
We are down to 10 days of school and I can't deny that I am ready for summer break to be here. I have been really tired this week and I think it has a little bit to do with the stress of the KPREP test and a whole lot to do with the third trimester. I will miss my kiddos, but I am excited to be able to stay home and rest. I have also had a little bit of swelling this week, also due to KPREP. I was proctoring the test for the kids on Monday and Tuesday and I think being on my feet all day caused my hands to swell. My feet never swelled, but my hands did for sure. Weird, I know! I took a picture of my hands on Tuesday after testing to show how swollen they were. This is what my hands looked like when I took my wedding rings off, which was not an easy task!
Ouch! I also had another ring on that is normally pretty big. At the end of the day I also had marks on my hands from where it was starting to get tight. The kids probably thought that I was crazy. During the test I was walking around with my hands up so that I could get the swelling to go down. It didn't work, but it was worth a try.

I am still having a little trouble breathing. Ok, that's a lie. I'm having a lot of trouble breathing! I feel like I can't catch my breath almost all the time and my poor kiddos probably think I'm nuts...again! I go to give them directions and by the time I get done I sound like I've sprinted a mile. Poor things! They say that this will, or should, get better toward the end of the pregnancy when Addison "drops" and we get closer to her due date so I'm looking forward to when that happens.

 I am still over the moon excited about this little girl and our anticipation for her arrival keeps growing. Thank you for the continued prayers and support! We are so thrilled that you all are excited to meet our little girl as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Louisville Area Homes

A look back

Followers

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved