Sunday, May 6, 2012

29 week update

Today we start week number 29 of our pregnancy. Addison is one very active little girl now! I can feel her rolling around almost all the time and I can watch my stomach move while my shirt is pulled down. She is getting stronger! Although I still have trouble really telling which body part is where, I think I am starting to tell the difference between her head and her little butt. I am positive I know where her feet are (in my ribs!) but I haven't been able to tell much more than that until recently. This is what we look like at 29 weeks:
Our little girl is now weighing in at around 3 pounds and anywhere from 15-17 inches long. Like I've said all along, I think that she is going to be on the longer side. Even though she was in the 38th percentile for her height and weight at 21 weeks, she has really taken a growth spurt in the past month or so. I can feel her kicking and rolling at all points on my stomach simultaneously, so I am assuming she is pretty long.
She's being compared to the size of a butternut squash at this point in her development. Because her brain has become so developed she is now able to control her breathing and body temperature. She can also cough and hiccup along with her perfected sucking abilities. She is probably sucking her thumb in there right now! I do remember seeing her in a couple of the ultrasounds with her hands up close to her mouth, so maybe she will take after me in this area and suck her thumb as a baby.

Addison is continuing to pack on the pounds making her skin looked less wrinkled and more like a plump little baby :) She will continue to do this until her birthday. Like I said, Addison is very active now. Websites say that I should keep a "kick chart" to show her how many times she kicked each day. I do not think I have time do this, but I have videotaped her before so that I could show Mike how active she is at night when we are sleeping. Let's just say I think that Addison has also perfected the worm and you can see it in the video. Maybe she'll be a dancer!

My symptoms this week are out of control! First of all I can't sleep! I still have leg cramps at night and if I get comfortable, Addison is not and she starts kicking. If she gets comfortable and still, I'm uncomfortable. It's a vicious cycle! I think that these restless nights and uncomfortable sleep positions are leading to the back ache that I am also having. Luckily I have a sweet husband who has been rubbing my back for me. Speaking of my sweet husband, bless his heart, I ran him our of our bedroom two times last week because as he put it, I was "snoring like a grizzly bear." I NEVER snore unless I have a cold or something, so this one came as a shock. I can guess why this is happening though. I think Addison is getting so big that I feel like I am out of breath a lot of the time. I assume this led to my noisy snoring nights last week. Bless hubby's heart! You know what though? As the symptoms and the amount of time I spend uncomfortable increases, it does not matter to me. I want a healthy little girl and I'm willing to go through it for her! So all in all, it's really not that bad when I put it into perspective!

Around 11 weeks until we get to meet our little girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Louisville Area Homes

A look back

Followers

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved