Monday, May 28, 2012

32 week update

32 weeks...8 months...wow! I am feeling pretty good to be this far along. It really is crazy to say that I am 8 months pregnant. I am getting so anxious to meet my little girl and I can't believe that it's only a few shorts weeks away.

So I figured I would do something a little different this week with the updates. Here it goes:

Size of Addison: She is growing leaps and bounds this week. All of my books say that she should be gaining at least 1/2 a pound each week in order to prepare for when she is born. This week she's the size of a jicama. I read that and thought, "What the heck is that?!" Well I'm still not exactly what it is, but here is what it looks like:
That's pretty big and actually looking at this picture, I feel that is how Addison is curled up in my belly at the moment. She has been in a little ball all day and it feels really weird, kinda hurts actually. She is measuring right on track. Based on the measurements that were taken last week at her checkup, she is just perfect! We got back this Friday for another doctor's visit, so I am sure we will get another update as to how she is developing.

Movement: ALL. THE. TIME! She kept me up last night because she was rolling around in my belly. I actually kind of freaked out and thought about waking Mike up because I thought that something was wrong. I woke up around 3:30 and under my belly button was completely flat, but above my belly she was rolled up and it looked like I had a huge tumor. It really, really hurt and I couldn't get her to move around and really didn't know what to do. I got up, came downstairs and watched it for a little while and ended up finishing the night on the couch because it was more comfortable. I am not sure what she did, but she's ok!

Sleep: Well, hello leg cramps and Mr. Potty! I feel like that's all I've been doing at night. The leg cramps I can get to go away pretty easily and I've noticed that I get them when I am laying on my left side. I have been getting up to go to the bathroom 2-3 times each night. This is recent because I've been getting up maybe once a night throughout the whole pregnancy.

Symptoms: My mom is going to die when she reads this....HOT FLASHES! Normally I am just like my dad, cold all the time. Yesterday at church I wore a dress that had thin sleeves. Now normally when I do this, I take a sweater because I freeze during the service, but yesterday we sat down and Mike looked over at me and told me that he was a little cold. I just laughed and told him that I was wondering if they could turn the air down a little more. Totally not like me at all...Oh the hormones!

What I miss: Being able to bend over instead of squat when I need to pick something up. This goes for putting my shoes on as well...they are so hard to get on and tied/buckled! Mike had to tie my tennis shoes for me tonight because I struggled reaching them. He's a good husband!

What I'm looking forward to: The baby shower my mom and sisters are throwing for us this weekend!

Memory from the week: This week I actually saw Addison get the hiccups. I have been feeling her get them for a couple of weeks, maybe longer, but she's getting so strong that when she got them this week I could watch my stomach move as she hiccups. Mike saw it as well...it was crazy.

I will hopefully have pictures of the bump sometime this week. I decided to do the update, but hadn't taken the picture yet. If not, there will definitely be pictures from the shower that is going to be on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Louisville Area Homes

A look back

Followers

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved