Sunday, June 23, 2013

Nailed it!


Ok so have you seen the "nailed it" pictures on Pinterest? If not here is the gist of them. Basically Pinterest makes everything look so easy and so perfect: The "Even you can do it!" type thing. Well that's not always the case and things don't turn out as perfectly as they are in the pin that you saved on your board...hints the "NAILED IT" pictures. People who try, but did not succeed. Here are some of my favorites I have stumbled upon....

This next one if my favorite!
HAHAHAHAH!!!!!! Poor girl!



Basically they are people making fun of themselves when a Pinterest project failed and I joined the club sometime last week. I need to face it. I'd like to think that I am crafty, but I am really just not. I am not the creative kind, but every now and then I can recreate something I've seen before and that's why I love Pinterest. I can simply find something I like and recreate it. That is if I have the patience. That is where I am lacking. I hate to paint things two times, to just play around with the project and see how it would look the best, etc, etc, It just drives me crazy! I just want it finished ASAP. Every now and then though I do like crafting and I decided for Father's Day I'd try this little project I had seen on the perfect world of Pinterest:


Doesn't look too hard, right? All I had to do was to paint the board, write the saying (of course replacing mom and grandma with dad and Papaw), get Addy's hand prints and viola! Yea right. Easier said than done.

I painted the canvas, twice, which I HATE by the way...why can't I just paint it once?! Anyway, then it was then Addy's turn to put those cute little paw prints of hers on the canvas. Here is what we got:

NAILED IT! Or something like that! That's pretty pathetic, isn't it?!  Oh well!

So then I was frustrated because I had already spent the time to paint the board two times. I had every intention of trying it again, but I never made it around to it. Oh well. I bought my dad something really nice from the store :)

There was another Pinterest project and I didn't do too bad on. This gift was for my hubby though and technically it was his Father's Day gift from Addison.

I saw this picture a while back and I loved it:


How cute is that? Of course I was feeling crafty and decided to try it my own self and this time it was pretty successful!

How cute is that?! Mike loved it! I guess I didn't nail the first one, but the second one isn't too shabby! Maybe next year I'll try my hand at the project again. Until then I'm just going to be bitter it didn't turn out like planned. Kidding, I think it's hilarious!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Louisville Area Homes

Followers

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved