Monday, February 6, 2012

Meg and Peg

I have a new best friend...the on-call nurse over the weekend. Her name's Peggy (Peg for short) and we're like Ren and Stimpy. Over the past week I have been battling a cold/sinus infection/crud that my students have given me. I called my doctor last Thursday and she told me that since it was a cold, I needed to battle it out. Little did she know that I am that person who gets a cold and it WILL turn in to a sinus infection. It was only a matter of time. So this weekend I was at home getting my hair cut and I just kept feeling worse and worse. My mom was really worried about me so I ended up calling the on-call nurse to see if there was anything else I could take. She was a life-saver and called me in a z-pack.

I got the z-pack that Peg called in, took the first two doses and BAM I started throwing up. I got really nervous because I had told the operator at Women's First that I was 16 weeks pregnant, but once I thought about it, I wasn't sure I had ever told the nurse how far along I was. The more I was getting sick, I started thinking it was because the baby wasn't supposed to be exposed to the medicine. So again, I call Peg because I was freaking out and she came to the rescue. She told me that she had my chart pulled up the entire time and that it was more than ok for me to take the z-pack and be this far along in the pregnancy. However she did tell me that there was a stomach bug going around. I had either caught that as well, or the z-pack made me sick. She then told me all these little tricks to try to make the nausea go away.

She was great! I kept apologizing because I had called her a total of three times by the end of the night, but she just kept telling me it was more than ok to call and ask questions. I really love her because I am feeling much better...not back to normal, but MUCH better!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Louisville Area Homes

A look back

Followers

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved