Tuesday, February 21, 2012

A few things I have learned...

Since we found out that we were expecting a little one a few months ago, I been reading, reading, and doing some more reading so that I can familiarize myself with the pregnancy. The books are so helpful in explaining the development of the baby and the changes that I am seeing in my body, but there are just some things that the book doesn't hit. Here are some things that I've learned over the past few months...

1. Every child or baby you see, you will start to think," Will ours look like ___________? Will she be funny like ______? Will she have curly hair like ______?" (insert almost any question, I am sure I've wondered it)

2. You experience a hunger like you've never known before. I tell Mike all the time that Addison is like him. I kid you not, every three hours on the dot I am STARVING! This is not a normal type of hungry either. It's like I haven't eaten in two days type of hungry. I am trying to stay healthy about it though. I usually pack a banana, veggies or other type of healthy little snack.

3. You actually want to throw up. When I was in the first trimester I wasn't sick and throwing up all the time, but I felt like I wanted to. I would always think if I could throw up, I would feel so much better.

4. You have a special connection with the baby in the first place because, well, you are carrying her inside you for 9 months, but you get an extra special gift because you get to feel the baby kick long before anyone else. I have been feeling Addison kick for about 4 weeks now, but she still isn't strong enough for anyone else to feel. She is kind of on a "schedule" (HA! Who am I kidding!) Every night around 9:30 she is really active. I also feel her in the afternoon on most days. I look forward to 9:30 each night :)

5. You pray more than you have ever prayed in your life! I think I started praying the night we found out we were expecting and I haven't stopped since. I pray about everything...obviously the ones like let her be healthy, let everything develop properly, help me sleep in a position that I will not harm her, don't let the cord get wrapped around her neck, etc. etc. etc. Some of my prayers are so much more in depth. I want  NEED God to help Mike and I be the parents that Addison needs us to be and  have the marriage that she needs to see. I want him to help me be the kind of mother that is approachable, fun, open minded but also sets a good example and disciplines in a healthy way. One prayer I pray a lot is that Addison will form a relationship with Jesus Christ and accept him as her Savior. Oh, how I want that so badly for her!

6. Your wants and needs don't seem so important anymore. Addison isn't even here yet and all I want is for her to have the things that she needs and things that she wants. I am constantly thinking of her and what we can do to prepare for her...I know that as long as she is happy and Michael is happy, I don't need much else.

7. You respect your mother more than you did before. I am the first to say that I am both a daddy and a momma's girl. I think that my parents are great! My mom is caring, selfless, a good friend, listener. etc. I have always wanted to be just like her, but now more than ever. I am thankful for what she went through to get me here!

8. You love someone that you've never even met before. I can't wait for the day when I get to hold her in my arms. I am sure that the love that I am feeling right now won't even compare to that day, but it is amazing how much you can already love someone!

9. You see your husband in a whole new light. I love Mike for so many reasons, but in November I added another reason to why I think he's just great...he's the father of our baby. It's a whole new level of love that you feel for your spouse and I've learned you feel connected in a different way as well.

And those my friends...are things that the pregnancy books can't teach you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Louisville Area Homes

A look back

Followers

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved