Monday, February 27, 2012

19 weeks

Didn't I just do an update? Oh yea, I did...yesterday! After today though I am going to be back on track with the updates on Addison. Here we are today...19 weeks!

Addison is now the size of a large tomato or a 6 inch sub from Subway (depending on which app or book you read for this week). She is weighing in at about 8 1/2 ounces and measuring around 6 inches. I would say a little longer since she is a Fogle :)
She's definitely growing quickly each week, but she has a long way to go before delivery. When I googled a tomato to put on the blog I saw this picture...
Just reminds me that we still have a lot of growing to do before we are ready to enter the world! This is crazy to think about really. It puts things into a different perspective for me. I think, "Wow! She's getting so big...we started out as being compared the size of an orange seed!" Then I see this and I think, "Wow, we still have a lot of work to do!" I know God will continue to be with us throughout this pregnancy and help Addison grow into the perfect person that he's created her to be :)

Addison's arms and legs are now in proportion to the rest of her body and she is starting to have an explosion of sensory development this week. Her brain is working on developing specific areas that will help her taste, smell, hear, see and touch. Also, her kidneys are fully developed and functioning this week. She can also swallow and digest fluid and her little head is starting to grow some hair (good thing little girl...we have LOTS of bows waiting for you!!)

I think that is about it for the update this week. I continue to feel blessed and grateful for this experience we are going through right now, but say a little prayer for me as well. I think reality has it me about becoming a mother and I am becoming a little more nervous. I know God will be with Mike and I as we embark on the journey to parenthood, but I just get a little nervous that I won't meet the expectations of a mother. I know it's silly, but I could use some prayer :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Louisville Area Homes

A look back

Followers

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved