Sunday, February 26, 2012

18 weeks...a little late!

I am getting horrible at taking pictures each week to document Addison's growth. I have been taking pictures on my phone of my belly each week, but I don't think those will make an appearance on the blog :) I sat down this morning to do the 18 week update and realized that tomorrow we will be 19 weeks...oops! Note to self: I've got to get better at making sure I ask Mike to take pictures when I come home from work!!

Even though we don't have a picture this week, I can still share the updates on Addison right?! She is now the size of a bell pepper, about 5 1/2 to 6 inches long. Her weight this week is about 7 ounces.
The app on my phone says that by now I should be feeling little kicks and movements. They are very right! We have an active little girl on our hands. Yesterday while I was teaching she was having a dance party in my stomach. The more she moved, I started to get a little tickled at her, but there I stood in front of 25 third graders so I couldn't really make a big deal about it. The app also said that Addison has mastered the skill of yawning in the past week. We are so proud of her!

I've had lots of fun shopping for her these past couple of weeks as well. I feel like I've gotten some really good deals on her clothes! Mike and I went out for our weekly date night on Friday night and in between dinner and the movie we wanted to catch, we had about 30 minutes to spare. We stopped by the TJ Maxx/Home Goods on Taylorsville Road and scored a really cute little outfit and some Disney books. I have to share one other thing that I found for her. It has not been purchased yet, but it might be one of the ones that she will HAVE to have!
Is this not the most precious thing you have ever seen?! I LOVE it!!

Addison also has her car seat, running stroller (for when she gets a little bigger), boppy pillow and most of her room furniture...thanks to her daddy, Mimi and Pap. I say Pap, but I don't know if my dad has decided on a name yet. Her mommy also ordered her baby bedding last week. Here is the one we ended up ordering...
I got the sample fabrics in the mail a few days ago and they are cuter in person than in this picture. I am really excited to see the finished product! The owner of the shop said that it would take about 8 weeks to have it all finished...not too bad if you ask me! Now the question is: What color should we paint the walls? I am having a lot of trouble with this. I don't want it to look too busy with the walls and all the colors in the fabric. We were thinking a REALLY, REALLY light pink. You can't see it in the picture, but the bumper bad fabric has a really light, heather gray color in it. I was also thinking that could be a possibility. Thoughts?

I'll leave you with a little update. Next week there will be a picture: SCOUTS HONOR!

Maternity clothes: I have a few. Still fitting into my jeans pretty nicely and I did manage to find a pair of black pants that I really liked. It looks like the khaki pants will be retiring very soon!

Movement: A wild woman is living in my stomach!

Sleep: the body pillow has been a life saver. I pack that thing around the house with me now. It's so comfortable. Mine is actually the adult version of the boppy pillow. I now see why infants love those things so much!!

Cravings: I actually got a good laugh out of myself the other day...I would say that my mother did too! In college there was a restaurant called Pita Pit. It's like a subway, but for pitas. Delicious!! I kid you not, my room mates and I would eat there about 3 times a week. Well... Pita Pit in Lexington went out of business about a year and a half ago and I was really bummed. The other day I was getting ready and I was thinking about the chicken cesar pita that I used to order and the more I thought about it, the more I had to have one! I spent a good 30-45 minutes tracking down a Pita Pit, BUT I FOUND ONE!!! Who knew there was one in Louisville?! I've been twice since last week! To make it funnier, I texted Hannah and told her I found one. Her response: "OH. MY. GOSH. Where?! I'm going!" It's fun being pregnant together!

Symptoms: I've been having some pain in my lower back. Yesterday I got a massage and that helped a lot. The massage therapist suggested that I move my computer from the left side of my desk to the middle and that should help. I will be doing that Monday morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Louisville Area Homes

A look back

Followers

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved