Saturday, February 11, 2012

16 weeks

I have been horrible at taking a picture for an update this week. Every day that I come home I mean to get Mike to take a picture, but then I think about it at 9:00 at night when I am in my pj's. So since, I am 2 days away from 17 weeks, I am skipping the update picture this week. However, I still want to give you an update on the baby's growth, our doctor's visit and a little bit on how I'm feeling.

I read on a website that the baby's cartridge in his or he arms and legs are going to start hardening into bones starting this week and finishing this process in the next few weeks. The baby is starting a BIG growth spurt this week as well. The baby is expected to double in size in the next couple of weeks. Right now the app on my phone is still comparing the baby to the size of an avocado (about 4 1/2 inches long).

Yesterday we had a checkup with our doctor. The baby is doing great! He or she is measuring right on track and has a strong heart beat. The doctor did not do an ultrasound yesterday, just checked the heart beat. It was in the 140's. She said she is guessing a girl, but that seems pretty low for a girl's heart rate. I hear they are a lot higher than that. I guess she has a 50/50 shot. We will see on TUESDAY!! That is pretty much the gist of the checkup yesterday...it was short and sweet!

Here is the update on baby and me:

Maternity clothes: I HATE SHOPPING FOR MATERNITY PANTS!!! Mom and I went out last weekend to try and find a couple pair of pants that I could wear to work since I am still wearing the same pair everyday. I went out looking for a pair of brown leggings and some khaki pants. 1. The brown leggings that I found were all size x-small. I can't fit into them! 2. We went to 4 different stores and all of the pants selection for pregnant women were about 15 sizes too big and there was a LIMITED selection. I eventually grew so frustrated I was in tears and wound up buying a scarf! 
Gender: 3 DAYS!
Movement: I am for sure feeling little flutters now. It is happening in the same spot every time. I explained it to Mike as it felt like when my eye twitches except on my stomach. It's so neat!
Sleep: not so hot. I am thinking on getting a body pillow when I go out and about today.
Cravings: I have been eating a lot of fruit. I have a new found love with Welch's fruit snacks :) They are so good! 
Symptoms: feeling pretty good this week...feeling little flutters and the sinus infection is gone! Happy mamma!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Louisville Area Homes

A look back

Followers

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved