Sunday, February 19, 2012

The gender reveal

I finally got the pictures from the gender reveal that were on my mom's camera. I didn't bring a camera the night we had the party, so I was waiting on her to upload them to Facebook before I could do the blog post. Mike and I had so much fun on Valentine's day. It's a special day for us anyway because it's when we got engaged, so it only seemed fitting that we find out the gender of our baby on the same day three years later. My family was so funny when we got to the house. Brittany was still on her way and we wanted to wait on her to eat the cupcakes mom had made (she bad pre-baked two batches of cupcakes. One with blue in the middle and the other with pink in the middle.) When we got to the party, we simply had to pick either the pink or blue, no one knew which we had picked because they were decorated the same. Since Brit was still on her way, we waited for her. When we finally brought out the cupcakes, Fonda was the first to grab one. She went ahead and bit into it and started jumping up and down and screaming. The funny part was the she was the only one that could see the color that was on the inside.  I thought my mother was going to have a heart attack because she still didn't know the gender of the baby. After Fonda showed the crowd the cupcake, the celebrations began! We are so excited to be having a little girl. Mike and I have chosen a name for her...Addison Dawn (I'm in love!)  Addison reminds us of my little sister, Madison, and also my papaw, who's middle name was Edison. Her middle name, Dawn, is my middle name and my mom's middle name. And...here are pictures from the party last Tuesday...
My little family. Me and the hubby with the ultrasound picture of our baby girl, Addison. 
Addison's family, who is VERY excited to meet her in July. We are missing her pawpaw, Aunt Rachel and Uncle Chris in this picture. Her pawpaw was out of town for work and Aunt Rachel had to work night shift the night of Valentine's Day. They were there in spirit :)
 Some of the decorations that my mom set up for the party. The doll carriage was my dad's aunt's that she pushed her baby dolls in. Isn't it precious?! I want Addison's newborn pictures taken in it. 
 My dad and Papaw
 My dad, Mike and my Papaw with Addison's ultrasound picture. They look just a little proud and excited, don't ya think?
 Aunt BB and Al 
 Me with my momma. She did a great job at getting the party together!
Mom and dad's welcome mat the Congleton's gave them for Christmas. I think it's funny.

I'm not really sure why Madison is only in one of these pictures. She was there, I swear. Maybe there are some other pictures that I don't have yet!

What a fun night of celebrations! We are SO excited to be welcoming our baby girl in July!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Louisville Area Homes

A look back

Followers

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved