Thursday, December 22, 2011

What I am lovin'...

Last night I was leaving the gym headed back to Mike's mom and dad's house and I just felt so thankful and happy for lots of things going on in life. They say it's the little things in life, and last night I was definitely feeling the love! Here are some of the things I am lovin' right now:

1. The fact that my hubby asked me out on a date. I know this seems like something little, but when he actually says, "Do you want to go on a date tomorrow?" you still feel like you're being courted. So tonight we are going to Stoney River steakhouse (one of our favorites) and to see the new movie Sherlock Holmes.

2. I actually feel rested. Since I am finished up my master's degree as well as working full time, I go NONSTOP! I come home almost everyday and take a nap, but right now I have actually had energy!

3. While I am on the topic of energy, I also have a lot of motivation to go to the gym because I am not exhausted. WOO HOO! I hope I can keep it up once I start back to work and go back to school. Luckily, I only have ONE MORE CLASS TO GO and then I am finished with my master's.

4. My mom has a stocking/ gift bag for our baby. :)

5. Mike's mom is so considerate. She told me last night that she bought Sprite and Gingerale for Rachel and me.

6. This little girl:

Ladies and gentlemen, meet my niece, Olivia. Isn't she beautiful?! My sister-in-law is due at the end of February and I get excited just thinking about it. Doesn't she have the prettiest little mouth? Oh I can't wait to hold her, love on her, and spoil her to death!

7. I have time to read books other than ones that I am forced to read right now! Usually I am reading books for my classes or for thinking strategies, which doesn't leave a lot of extra time to read books that I have had on my list. Yesterday I went to Target with my mom and picked up a copy of Heaven is for Real. This is one that I have wanted to read for a long time, but haven't had the chance. I started it last night at about 7 and finished it at about midnight. It's amazing. If you haven't read it, GO GET IT!

To give you an overview, Colton, had an emergency surgery when we was three years old and after the surgery he started saying little things about being in heaven, what it looked like, who he saw (his great grandfather he'd never met and a sister that was lost in a miscarriage of which he knew nothing about), seeing Jesus and how big God really is. Every time that he would see a picture of Jesus he would get really upset and say that they had it all wrong. The picture below is the one that stopped him in his tracks and his response was, "That's the right one." Colton kept talking to his parents about how beautiful Jesus' eyes are. It's amazing really...

Next on my list for Christmas break leisurely reading:
I love Emily Griffin. She is the author of the Something Borrowed, Something Blue series. She also has some other great books that aren't part of that series that I have loved reading. I saw this one yesterday when I was at Target. Didn't even know she had a new one out!!

8. I am loving that although it is 60 degrees outside, Christmas is only a couple of days away. Happy Holidays everyone. I hope everyone gets to spend lots of time with their family members creating memories that will last a lifetime! May you remember the true reason that we are celebrating the season. Just think, this time next year we will have a 5 month old baby! (I'm really lovin' that!)

Oh! I almost forgot. Here we are at 9 weeks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Louisville Area Homes

A look back

Followers

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved