Wednesday, December 28, 2011

I just need to lie down for, like, five minutes...okay, maybe three months

This is the title to one of the chapters in Jenny McCarthy's book Belly Laughs. It's SO true! I have read and read and read that it is totally normal to be tired during the first trimester because your body is so busy growing a little one (and the baby grows quickly!) I was just thinking how at 6 weeks the baby was the size of an orange seed and then four weeks later the baby is the the size of a prune. That's quite a growth spurt. Here is how Jenny describes being tired in the first trimester:

Imagine staying up all night, then running a marathon, then doing three hundred loads of laundry and raking leaves off a football field all in one day. How tired would  you be? That is how tired I felt EVERY DAY in my first trimester. It's like someone snuck in and stole all the juice out of my body.


Couldn't have said it better, Jenny! In fact, on Monday night I fought and fought going to sleep. Finally I couldn't take it anymore. I told Mike I was going to bed and asked him if he was coming to bed, too. He looked at me and said, "Uh, Meg, it's only 9:00." To me it felt like 4 in the morning! So I went off to bed and slept until 9 am yesterday. This was followed by two naps during the day. I swear I can be sitting on the couch just fine and then BAM! I'm out!

One of my colleagues asked me what the first signs were that I was pregnant. At first I told her because my boobs were different (sorry if that's TMI) but then I got to thinking about it. A couple of weeks before Thanksgiving break I would come home and CRASH! I mean lay on the couch for three hours in a coma. I was thinking it was because work was draining me of energy and I was stressed out because of my classes, but now thinking back, that was my first sign that I had a little one on board!

So needless to say, I am enjoying my Christmas break because I can take a nap whenever I feel like it and sleep until my little heart is content!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Louisville Area Homes

A look back

Followers

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved