Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Update, doctor visit and big news for my best friend

There has been a lot going on the past week. First of all, I am on Christmas Break (can I get an amen!) It could not have come at a better time. When I say I could sleep all day, I mean it! And for the next two weeks my alarm clock will not be going off at 5:30 am, which makes me a very happy girl! Mike can back me up when I say I have been sleeping WAY more than normal. In fact, it kind of reminds me of when I had mono. I guess growing a little one is hard work!

We are 9 weeks into our pregnancy. Our little one is the size of an olive (hold the martini, please!) and growing like a weed, which means that his/her momma is too! Right now I just look and feel fat, but I have a definite baby bump toward the end of the day when I am full. According to my book and apps that I am reading, the baby is one inch long and now has a head that has straightened out. The baby also has ears that are fully developed along with a few more organs (the spleen, liver and gallbladder). Although I can't feel any of it, the baby has started to make little movements where his/her muscles are starting to develop. From what I have been reading, I will be able to feel these movements in about 8 more weeks.

Yesterday we went to our first doctor's appointment. I was totally shocked at how laid back everything was. I was geared up to hear the heartbeat (hopefully, if the baby would have been in a position where it could have been located) and at least be examined to make sure everything was ok. Instead, we were taken into a acutal office where the nurse went over their procedures and answered any questions that I had. Me having pregnancy brain, I had a huge list of questions that I had written out, but of course I forgot it. So on the way to the appointment I tried to rewrite my questions on a scrap piece of paper. The woman was probably thinking, "What in the world is wrong with these two?!" Then they did some blood work to check my levels, but I won't get those results back for the next couple weeks. The nurse said that at our next appointment I will be able to have an ultrasound. I am excited to see this little one. For all I know, there could be two of them in there!

I know I am jumping all over the place, but I wanted to share some other very exciting news. My best friend, Hannah, and her husband, Austin are due 8 weeks before we are. I am so excited that we will be going through this journey as first time mommas together! I just know what our babies will be either best friends or boyfriend/girlfriend. They really don't get a choice!! But, Hannah and Austin found out last Friday if they were going to be welcoming a boy or girl. Actually, Hannah's mom went to the appointment with them and was the only one to see the gender. Then she got together a little party where she revealed the gender to their family and close friends. I was so excited to be a part of the party! Hannah and Austin will be welcoming a little baby girl, McKinley Tate, in May ( I absolutely LOVE the name that they have picked out). I am already so in love with this little girl and can't wait to get my hands on her! Congrats Hannah and Austin!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Louisville Area Homes

A look back

Followers

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved