Sunday, August 18, 2013

13 month update

I am such a slacker. Addison, when you read this when you're way older, don't judge your Mommy too hard. I've been spending lots of quality time with you and your daddy and the time just got away from me!

I know that Addison is just a couple weeks shy of 14 months, but I thought I would share some of my favorite 13 month happenings with you.
Addison learns a new word every day. I swear. She is like a human sponge and she is just developing so quickly. 

She says mama, daddy, mimi, nanny, papaw, duck, that, drink, milk, ball, sunshine, outside, horsey, fishy, whoa, it's hot and many more I am sure I'm missing...

She is trying to repeat everything we say. I will say something and I can hear the syllables and sounds that she is trying to say the same thing. It might not come out exactly like I said it but I can definitely tell she's giving it a shot.

Addison is the friendliest kid in the world. She doesn't have a shy bone in her body. I have heard time and time again that she's just one of those people that when you're around her she makes you happy. I love that about her.

You should see when we go to church or to a restaurant. Addison has to turn, wave, and say hey to every person sitting around us. We get so tickled at her!

She is so close to walking. Addison will get behind her little puppy that has a handle and wheels and walk all over the place She will walk up and down the couch and around the tables. She will also basically run when you hold her hands and walk behind her. It's a matter of time until our girl is walking!

Addison LOVES books! She has recently started holding one out when she wants me to read it and then she will crawl up in my lap and sit while I read. It's one of my favorite things she does!

She is a very determined little lady. It's a good thing and a growing area all in one. I am glad she is determined because I know she's not going to give up easily. Heck, with all she's been through I think she has proved she's a fighter. At the same time, if she wants something she is going to do everything in her power to get it. Even if she has been told no. We're working on it ;)

Addison even knows her name. If you say, "Who are you?" or "What's your name?" she will point to herself, grin really big and say, "AAAA-DEEE!!!" the other day she actually tried saying Addison as well.


Addy Bug, you're just so awesome! Mommy and Daddy can't get enough of you and your cute little personality. We have loved watching you grow and develop and we are so proud of the little lady you're becoming! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Louisville Area Homes

Followers

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved