Monday, November 5, 2012

Take everything in stride!

Every week Mike and I attend a group bible study with some couples at the church we attend. This past week Mike had to work on the night that we meet, so this Mama was ridin' solo. Of course the time that I don't have Mike to help me is the time that our daughter falls apart! First, I was on I71 at exit 14 when Addison decided she was STARVING. We had to drive to exit 22 in order to get to the bible study and she screamed her head off the entire time just to make sure I knew she was hungry. So right off the bat when I get to the house my daughter is losing her mind. I get her into the house, feed her a bottle and think that we are good to go. Wrong. After she drank her bottle she was content and smiling away. She turned and looked at me with that precious little gummy grin and puked all over me. I mean to the point that I thought I was going to have to leave and go home because my clothes were so wet. As we were cleaning up the mess she then turns, leans into my face and sneezes. As she sneezed the milk that was still in her mouth sprayed all over my face. Great. So now the entire bible study is trying to help me get Addison under control so that we can continue on with our conversation. About 10 minutes later I can see that she obviously working on a dirty diaper, so I let her finish and then ask if I can lay a blanket on their floor to change her. Of course I should have known better. When I took her diaper off she peed all over the blanket I had her on. I seriously felt so bad. I apologized about a gazillion times, but they assured me that it was alright (They have an 8 week old daughter themselves, so at least they do understand a little bit). At least after this Addison decided that it was nap time and slept for the rest of the study. Sigh. Welcome to Mommyhood, Megan!

Lesson learned: Always take hubby with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Louisville Area Homes

A look back

Followers

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved