Thursday, August 9, 2012

One month old

Yesterday was Addison's one month birthday. Is that even possible? I seriously can't believe it. We've had Addison in our arms for a month now? It seems like I was just doing the weekly update posts on her progress and my pregnancy and now she is already a month old. It's hard to believe! When people say don't blink, I get it; this month has gone by SO fast! 

Addison is becoming much more alert these past few days and I love it. When I talk to her she tries to move her head from side to side so that she can find me. She is a momma's girl and I. LOVE. IT! She loves her Daddy too, of course!
 Yesterday she had a checkup with Dr. Wetherton and man has our little girl grown! She now weighs 7pounds 6 ounces and is 20.5 inches long. She is in the 25th percentile for her height and 10th percentile for her weight. She is still wearing newborn diapers and is starting to fit into newborn clothes. Carter's brand fits her perfect, but all other brands are still a little big, so she is still in preemie sizes for those. She is going to be a little thing!
At each feeding Addison eats about 2.5-3 ounces. We switched her to Prosobee formula (soy formula) because of her acid reflux and she is now doing TONS better! We have also switched from Dr. Brown's bottles to the Playtex brand because the nipples slow the milk flow down a little bit better. This has helped with the reflux as well.



At night Addison sleeps pretty well. She normally goes to bed about 11:45-12 and sleeps until 3-3:30 and then is back up for another bottle between 7 and 8. Not too bad for one month!
 Her color is definitely blue! You should see her eyes when we put navy on her; they are just beautiful. I think it's safe to say she has Aunt B's eyes!
 demonstrating how mommy feels about her turning a month old..this is going by WAY too quickly!
 I caught her in the middle of a sneeze
Nicknames:Daddy calls her squirt and I call her Bug or Toot. Toot has to stop...it might stick and she will hate me down the road!
sweet angel baby

To say that this month has been a challenge for me would be an understatement. To say that this month has been the biggest blessing of my life would be an even bigger understatement. Although I am still trying to figure out this mommy thing and I sometimes feel like a walking zombie, Addison has changed my life for the better. I seriously don't remember what life was like without her and I love her more and more every second.    She is seriously a precious gift from God that I don't feel like I deserve. She's absolutely amazing! 

Addison Dawn, happy one month birthday. You are mommy's sunshine and I am more in love with you than you will ever know. I LOVE YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Louisville Area Homes

A look back

Followers

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved