Sunday, May 5, 2013

Mike's birthday weekend

When we first started dating my birthday happened to be about 2 months away. I told Mike that I was shooting to have a birthday "week" instead of "day." So that's what we did...celebrated for a week. So now that's kinda our "thing." Mike's birthday is April 29, but on April 1st he starts saying it's his birthday lol. So this year his birthday fell on a Monday and we really started celebrating on Friday. On Friday night Mike had some work to finish up(oh the life of a realtor) so we order take out and had dinner together at his office while he worked. Afterwards we took Addison to the mall so she could visit the Disney store and she scored this new toy from her daddy...

We let her pick it out and she chose Pooh bear...she is my child! He was my favorite when I was little as well.
Mike also went to Dick's and got an oar to go along with the new kayak that I got him as a birthday present.

Saturday it was kind of dreary and blah so we bundled Addison up, went to lunch and then spent a good part of the afternoon at the new Cabela's where Mike was able to get some fishing gear to go along with the kayak themed birthday presents.

Here's our girl on Saturday of her daddy's birthday weekend...

















Then we took a break and went to see Olivia at Nanny and Pawpaw's house. These two LOVE each other!


I told Olivia to smile and this is what I got...haha








She's giving Addison a hug :)
Sunday afternoon we celebrated again with Mike's side of the family by going to his parent's house in the afternoon for an early lunch. The girls played together and had a great time. I love seeing the two of them together because they honestly already love one another so much. I love that they are so close in age and live so close to each other. Oh the memories that will be made between them!



























Mike and his new toy












On Monday the celebrations continued with dinner at one of our favorite restaurants and a little walk around the Summit afterwards. Addison was in love with the fountain. This is her looking at the water (notice the stare and how straight she's sitting up!)









We also played on the toys at the Summit...






Lucky for Mike (but not for my parents)  my mom and dad have had a strand of the flu and haven't been able to come down and see Mike for his birthday, so he will get a whole other birthday celebration when they are feeling better again. 

Mike, I am so proud to call myself your wife. I love you and I am so thankful for everything you do for our family. There are not many husbands like you and I am so proud you're mine! You definitely deserve 2 birthday weekends for everything you manage to do for our family on a daily basis! I hope you had a great birthday!!!

Love,
PiePie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Louisville Area Homes

Followers

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved