Saturday, May 18, 2013

Mother's Day

Last year I kind of celebrated Mother's Day as a mommy because I was pregnant with Addison, but this year was totally different. I celebrated the fact that I am a Mommy to one amazing little girl. I could go on and on about how much better my life is because Addison is in it and how much being her Mommy makes me feel like I am doing what I was born to do, but I already to that on this blog! :) But seriously though, being a mom is amazing. I am so thankful for Addison and the fact that God allowed me to be her mommy. I don't know what I did to be able to get this privilege, but I am so thankful that I have it!

We also celebrated Mother's Day with my mommy as well. I can't tell you enough how great my mom is. If I could only be half of the mom to Addison that she is to be, then I have really done something in life. A lot of times I have to tell myself that I don't have to be as perfect as she was. I am sure she thinks that she made mistakes and that she would do things differently, but in my eyes, she is the perfect mom!       I know growing up that I looked up to my mom and wanted to be just like her, but now that I am a mom myself, I want to be like her even more. The sacrifices that she made for our family and for me in particular are so thoughtful and I am just so grateful for her. Maybe when Addison gets older she will look at me the way that I look at my mom...if so, I know that she'll adore me. Love you mom!


We celebrated the day at my mom and dad's house by getting up and going to church then having lunch at one of our favorite restaurants in Nicholasville. Afterwards Mike and I came home and had dinner together. I was completely spoiled by my husband because he got me a piece of jewelry from my favorite jeweler, wrote me the sweetest card, had dinner for me and just made the day a great day. He had went to get a bracelet for me with a ruby in it since that is Addison's birthstone, but David Yurman doesn't make anything with a ruby, so instead he got me a bracelet with blue topaz because we have a very blue eyed girl! In love it!

I am so grateful for my mother and for my daughter. The fact that Addison is my little girl makes not just one day out of the year Mother's Day, but every day is Mother's day because of her. I am sure counting my blessings!























No comments:

Post a Comment

Louisville Area Homes

Followers

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved