Saturday, April 27, 2013

A new beginning

Today marked a new beginning for me. This morning when I got up and got on Facebook my entire newsfeed was filled with friends who had participated in the derby mini-marathon this morning. I started thinking back to this time last year and I stumbled upon a blog post I had done about getting back in shape after I had Addison. My goal last year was to train and run the mini this year and that was my plan on getting my "pre-baby-body" back. Wellllll.....that didn't quite happen and for more reasons than one. First, it's hard to leave your baby after you've worked all day! You've just spend almost the entire day away from her and the last thing you want to do is willingly leave her again! Two, after being on my feet all day long at work I'm pooped! I have no energy and I just want to veg on the couch lol. Third, Addy's health scares have kind of put a damper on our everyday life these past couple of months.  (she's doing great by the way, but that's another post!) Excuses, excuses, I know! I was kind of hoping that my body would be like all the friends of mine that have had babies. It seems like their baby weight simply fell off of them about an hour after their baby was born and they left the hospital in their regular/ pre-baby jeans, but it didn't work that easily for me. Then I decided to beg God to make it fall off, but no success there either lol. There's some days when I feel like this...

but I guess it's time that I start feeling good about myself again no matter what, so I'm just gonna have to buck up and put some blood, sweat and tears into getting back into pre-Addy shape. (BTW that e-card cracks me up...one of my favorites)

So here I am, a year later and still haven't trained for the Derby mini. The more I thought about it today the more and more I was disappointed in myself for not holding myself at least somewhat accountable to the goal that I had set, so I made a decision. By darn, I'm gonna run a mini! It might not be the derby one, but I am going to run one. So I started looking on the internet and I found one that is going to be in June in Chicago! Hmmmm....mini weekend vacay?! So I ran it by the hubs and he was game. I also asked him if he wanted to run with me and he very quickly declined but said that he and Addison would be there for support. As Salvadore would say..."Encouragement, YEAH!" (Please tell me you've watched Couples Retreat a million times like me and know this line?! If not, get off the computer and watch that movie! You'll thank me later!)

So yea, in June I'm running the mini and today marked the first day of the training. I dragged my little tail ( which isn't so little, hints the purpose of this whole ordeal!) and jumped on the treadmill. I downloaded an app first to help me with the training and I followed the plan for today. I ran 6 minutes and walked three then repeated 2 more times. Not too bad, but I can tell that I'm outta shape. Girls you know the feeling when your running and things are moving that you know shouldn't be moving? Well that was me times 10 today. I gotta get rid of this junk in the trunk!

So there we go, a little over 2 miles on the first day. I purposely didn't take a picture of the time it took me to run that far. I don't think you'd be very proud, but two miles is better than no miles!! HA!

My goal is to keep track of my progress on the blog as well. By no means and I going to tell you my starting weight, but I do think I'll record the weightloss as it does start to come off. Also, don't worry, you'll not be seeing any "selfie" pictures with my stomach showing week by week because girls that post all that on the internet gross me out!  I'll need some encouragement from all my blogging friends too because it is me and my app doing this training and I'm SURE there are going to be days when I will feel like getting on the couch or back in bed, but I can't because I want to feel better about myself! AND if you're feeling spunky and want to go to Chicago this summer I could use a running partner :)

So here it is, the starting pictures taken in the gym bathroom lol. I'm excited to see the progress over the next 10 weeks.

Here goes nothin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Louisville Area Homes

Followers

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved