Monday, December 17, 2012

There are no words....

As I sit here watching the news, again, about the tragedy that took place on Friday, I still can't believe that it's actually true. Did some man really walk into an elementary school and kill innocent children and teachers? Please tell me this is a dream. The sad part is it really isn't a dream. There are numerous families that are mourning the loss of a child, brother, sister, friend, wife, etc. just days before Christmas. I can not even begin to imagine! I am not only a mother, but a teacher as well. I know what it's like to have love for your child and I know what it is like to have love for your students. I would gladly lay down my life for my child if it meant that she would be safe. I know happily lay down and let a car run over me, just to make her smile.

As a teacher, I know that I have a very important job. I have 26 sets of parents that every single day drop their child off at my classroom door and trust me enough to keep their baby safe until they are back at home with them again. We laugh with their children. We celebrate with their children, guide their children, cry with their children. We teach their children, rejoice with their children, love their children and keep them safe while they are in our care. It's a huge responsibility and not one that I take lightly. My heart aches for the parents and the teachers that are suffering the loss of their child/student. I'm so sad just scrolling through my facebook and seeing all of the children and teachers that were killed last week. My hope is that we not only flood the gates of heaven with prayers for these people and their families, but that we trust in God's will for our lives. We may not always understand his will, but we should trust in his wisdom and plans for our lives.

To the men and women in Connecticut, you are my heroes. The devastation that I feel doesn't even come close to what you are feeling at this time. I am so sorry for your loss and I will continue to cover you with my love and prayers.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Louisville Area Homes

Followers

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved