Thursday, June 14, 2012

weeks 33 and 34

Well hello! Remember me? You know, the pregnant girl? Well...I'm back! I have been HORRIBLE at updating you the past couple of weeks on the progress of Addison and myself. I am blaming it on the craziness of the end of the school year and the wonderful vacation that I just returned from. Luckily I have a picture from the beginning of our babymoon when I was 33 weeks and one that Mike took at the end where I was 34 weeks. I will have to jump back into the swing of things now that we are home from our trip and things are getting settled down around here. I will update you on the babymoon soon, but I wanted to make sure I did an update post first. Week numbers 33 and 34 were great! They were busy, but great. I was finishing up the school year during week 33, which was insane. It was really tiring to try to get a classroom packed up, moved out and finalized while 8 months pregnant. Luckily my kids were great and helped me out more than they realized! Toward the end of the week Mike and I left for our babymoon in Florida. I will have to say, we had such a relaxing week and it was great to get away for a little while. It had been 2 years since we had been on any sort of vacation, so we really enjoyed slowing down and spending time together. Here are some of the stats for weeks number 33 and 34:

Size of Addison: She is continuing to add pounds/ounces weekly and is now the size of a pineapple. I was completely blown away when I read this on my app. A pineapple?! To me that seems huge!


Movement: She continues to move a ton, especially at night. In fact right now I am watching my stomach move and roll and it's 12:45. Where she is getting bigger and the amount of fluid in my stomach is at its max, her kicks and punches are getting harder. Sometimes she kicks and it literally makes me jump out of my chair. 


Sleep: Still the same as it was before. I'm getting up a lot to go to the bathroom, but when I'm asleep I am getting a good night's rest.


Symptoms: Well for the first time my feet were swollen this week. I think it had to do with the heat in Florida, the fact that I didn't really get sunscreen on my feet and they were burnt and then we went to dinner and my feet were dangling for 3 hours. As soon as a put my feet up, the swelling went down so that's good!


What I miss: I realized this past week that I can not jump into a pool right now. I also realized that walking on the sand is a little harder while you had a big belly. I will be glad to be able to do both of those things again! I also can't wait to be able to shave my legs without having to squish my unborn child. I know you have a great visual right now!


What I'm looking forward to: We actually have another baby shower coming up in about 6 days. It is being thrown by my mother and sister-in-law. I am excited about that. Also, our niece is spending the night with us tomorrow night. I'm excited to spend time with her and get some practice!


Memory from the week: Oh gosh! There were so many! One that really stuck out was one day while we were on the beach. It was one of those moments that your husband steals your heart all over again. We were setting up our beach chairs and there was a family to our right. They had the CUTEST little girl who about 2 years old and she had a balloon. The wind caught the balloon and she was crushed when it blew toward the hotel and got stuck in the fence. The little girl's dad didn't jump at the opportunity to go get her balloon, but my knight-in-shining-armor did! He went and got the balloon, brought it back to the little girl and her face was absolutely precious! She looked at Mike like he hung the moon. Not that I didn't already know, but he's going to be a great dad!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Louisville Area Homes

A look back

Followers

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved