Sunday, June 24, 2012

One month to go!

We are officially 36 weeks and the countdown is on. We have one month until we reach Addison's due date and I am so excited I can't hardly stand it. The anticipation is starting to get to me. I am so ready to meet her!! I think every little ache, pain, cramp, etc is labor starting. We are on pins and needles over here!
Here I am at 36 weeks

And here are some close up shots of Addison
Size of Addison: This week Addison is compared to the size of a crenshaw melon. Again, I have no idea what that is, but here is a picture of the melon compared to a quarter. It's a pretty large piece of fruit!
She's continuing to add about an ounce a day to her weight and should be weighing in around the 6 pound mark. From head to toe she is measuring anywhere from 18-22 inches. I say she is going to weigh about 7.5 pounds and be around 21 inches long. That is just me thinking about how much Mike and I weighed and how long each of us were at birth. I took the average of our weight, but I estimated that she will be long and take after her daddy. 

Movement: WILD child!

Sleep: Not so good as last week. I am really uncomfortable right now when I sleep. I think that when I lay on my side it is uncomfortable because Addison is starting to weigh so much and it pulls on my stomach, which makes it ache and cramp. I have propped a pillow under my belly while I sleep, but it only helps so much. It's also becoming harder and harder to roll over because my stomach muscles are nonexistent right now. Hopefully I can figure something out for this next month! 

Symptoms: I am continuing with the Braxton Hicks and I've been a little swollen this week.

What I'm looking forward to: Tonight my mom and sisters are spending the night after Addison's shower that is being thrown by her Nanna and Aunt Rachel. Then tomorrow we are headed to school to get my classroom set up for next year. This makes me excited because I am scared I'm gonna go into labor and not have everything ready for my long term sub and the start of the school year. The last thing I want to happen is to be adjusting to life with Addy and be worried about sub plans. I want everything ready to go so I don't have to worry about school at all!

Memory from the week: Mike and I went to some yard sales yesterday morning and a lot of people asked me when I was due. It was crazy to say," A month from today." WOW! In the words of Frank from Father of the Bride," 4 weeks, not much!" (Surely you know the accent that goes along with that line!) We are getting so, so close!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Louisville Area Homes

A look back

Followers

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved