Thursday, June 21, 2012

My prayers for you, Addison


Dear Addison,

I am sitting here thinking of how my life and your daddy's is about to change so much in such an amazingly great way. God has trusted the two of us to be your parents here on this earth, and as much as I am excited beyond belief, it's kind of a scary thing for me. I want me to be everything that you need in a mother and more and I want to make God proud of the decision that he made to give us you. Since we found out that we were going to be your parents, I have said many, many prayers for your little life and the way that we will raise you. I know that your dad and I can only raise you to be the person you are supposed to be if we put our faith in God, talk to him daily and rely on his guidance. After all, he knew you long before he decided to make us your earthly parents. I want to share with you some of the prayers that I have prayed for you while we have been waiting on you to join our family.

-I pray that you will follow your heart and you will have a good sense of judgement of what is right and wrong. I hope you you feel confident in your decisions.

-I pray you find your "niche" and do what you love to do. God gave you so many unique talents. You can do anything through Christ who gives you strength. Put your trust in him.

-I pray that you know that no matter what, we are on your side. Even when mommy and daddy are frustrated or we discipline you, we are doing it because we love you. Discipline is a Godly thing and we are raising you to be ultimately obey God's commands for you.

-I pray that you will look back at your childhood with joy. I pray that when you think of your childhood, it will be filled with great memories, good friends and fun that we've had together.

-I pray that you will accept Christ into your life. I hope that your dad and I can be the examples that you need to see of a Godly relationship with each other as well as a great example of our relationship with the Lord.

-I pray that you will be a lady in all situations. I pray that you will use your manners, be kind to others and be the bigger person in situations when you are required to be.

-I pray that you will set big goals for yourself and strive to reach them. You can do anything you want to do if you put your faith and trust in Christ.

-I pray that you know that I believe in you and support you 100%. I know you can do whatever you set your mind to. If you are struggling or need help, all you have to do is ask and I will be there to help you.

I pray that  you will not be afraid to stand apart in a crowd. It's ok to stand up for what you believe in, even if it is different from what others believe. In fact, when you are a Godly person, you will be put in situations where your beliefs and actions will be different from others. Don't conform to the patterns of this world, but stand strong in what you believe and what you have been taught. 


-I pray that you know that I am always here to talk with you and will not judge you. Even in the conversations that you think," I can't talk to my mom about this," You can! I will help you with anything that you need help with, struggle that you have or anything you need to get off your chest. Whatever it is, we will get through it together. I hope you trust me enough to come and talk to me. 


-I pray that you know that things don't come easy and your must be a hard worker to make it far in life. God gave you special gifts and talents that only you have. Use those to bring glory to God and work hard.


-I pray that you will continually be joyful in all situations.


-I pray that when the time comes for you to start dating  you remember what your mommy and daddy taught you. Don't waste time on silly boys that don't treat you right. Don't be afraid to tell them that you deserve better. I hope we will be the example that you need to see of what a solid, Godly marriage looks like. I hope the example of our marriage will be a good reflection on the type of men you choose to spend your time with. And if a boy is mean to you, just let your mommy know and I'll take care of it!


-I pray that you know that you are perfect in my eyes. There is never anything that you could do or say that would make me love you any less. I am amazed by you already and can't believe that you are part of me!

-I pray that you will always remember that family is the most important thing. There will come a time when friends and other things in life seem so much more important, but one thing I've learned is family is always better than what is cool at the moment. Cherish your family and know that we love you for who you are.

-I pray that you know you are always welcome to come home. No matter where you are, how old you are or what you are going through, you're always welcome to come home. Even when your grown and married, maybe with your own kids.

-I pray that I can build a relationship with you so that when you are older we can be friends. When I say that I also hope you understand that friendship comes after the discipline. When you are small and learning, my job is to be the one who molds and shapes you so that when God calls you to do something in your life, you are obedient.  As you grow older, our relationship will change and hopefully when you are older you will find a good friend in me.

-I pray that you know that mommy and daddy are shaping you to follow God's will. We discipline you out of love and obedience from God, not to be mean.

-I pray that you will never settle. Keep your standards and goals high. At times they may seem that you can't reach them, but you can! Never, ever lower your standards or take the easy road. It will pay off in the end!

-I pray that you will be kind to other children. Mommy sees other kids being mean to peers everyday, but I hope you will be raised to have a kind and loving heart. I pray that you will include everyone and make every person feel special. Always put yourself in their shoes.

-I pray that you never settle in your relationship with God. You relationship with him is one that you should never be content with. I hope you strive to grow and learn more daily by reading your bible, praying and living in a Godly way. I also hope that I can be an example for you of how to do that.

-I pray that you will see your mommy and daddy set a good example of a marriage and friendship with each other.

-I pray you realize there could never be a more beautiful you. God made you perfectly to fill a purpose only you can do. I hope when you see other girls or other people you do not become discouraged with yourself or envious of how they look or act. I pray you know that you are incredibly special, unique and amazing! A perfect person in my eyes, your daddy's eyes and most importantly God's eyes.  

- I pray that you will always understand just how important and special you are to me. I love you with all my heart and just from looking at your ultrasound pictures, think you are absolutely beautiful and perfect. I am going to make mistakes. I am going to kick myself sometimes for how I handle things with you, but I hope you always know that I am trying my best. I want you to have the best of everything, even myself. Even when I do mess up and you are upset with me, I hope I can teach you how to forgive. Please know that I thank God for you each and everyday and I can't wait to meet you in just a few short weeks.

Addison Dawn, your daddy and I love you more than anything in this world and I can't wait to become your mommy! I LOVE YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Louisville Area Homes

A look back

Followers

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved