Thursday, June 14, 2012

ahhh....babymoon!

We are back from our vacation and we had a wonderful time! To say we needed a vacation might be the understatement of the year. Between Mike's busy work schedule, completing my master's, preparing for a baby and not having a vacation in 2 years, I think this one was well deserved! We ate great food, took walks on the beach, shopped, relaxed and had an overall great week. It was really so nice to get away for a little while. The first couple days were great... We had fantastic weather and were able to enjoy some outdoor shopping and the beach. On Saturday, the storm hit. Literally. Pensacola had a record amount of rainfall while we were there. If you don't believe me, here are the pictures to prove it:

Told you! These were taken from the car while we were at a stoplight. Mike and I left the hotel on Saturday morning and it was raining lightly. Mike was going to work the GPS and I volunteered to drive. We had decided to head to the naval academy museum since it was a nasty day. Well as we left the hotel, the flood gates opened! I've never been so scared driving in all my life. Luckily Mike talked me through what to do and we made it safely to the museum. Afterwards we went to see the movie What To Expect because it was still POURING and loved it. I had originally thought I didn't want to see it because the previews made it look kinda dumb, but I really liked it and so did Mike. After the movie the rain let up enough and we went out for a great dinner. 

On Sunday, we had another rainy day. Here was the map of Pensacola via The Weather Channel:
That's right...rain, rain, rain! This day was nice an relaxing because we had lunch together and then hung out in the hotel and watched a movie on TV. It was nice to just chill!

Rain was not the weather the entire time we were gone though! We had a couple of beautiful days at the beach where we read our books, relaxed, played in the water, talked and took walks on the beach. Here are some pictures I took throughout the week:



 The hubby and I on the boardwalk. In this picture I am 33 weeks along. 
 Here we are again with a better view of the belly
 Beautiful!

 Our view from lunch one day is Destin. Not a bad way to enjoy a meal!


 Handsome hubs at the beach
Addison and I on our last night at the beach. This picture was taken as the 34 week update picture. I wonder where in the world I will have any room to put her in the next 6 weeks. My stomach is HUGE already!

For those of you who are wondering, yes I did stand on my head while in the pool. I
 did manage to have some fun while doing it though. Mike and I made friends with this little boy named Thomas in the pool and we did some handstand contests. Mike won and Thomas and I tied. If you're going to be almost 9 months pregnant and doing handstands in the pool, you might as well make a memory (as if that won't be one in itself!) It was quite a sight really, but I think I got Addison to flip back around. We will go back to the doctor and see on Monday. 

Again, we had a great week at the beach and I loved spending some quality time with my Michael before Addison is here! I'm a lucky, lucky girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Louisville Area Homes

A look back

Followers

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved