Sunday, September 15, 2013

The time when I blacked my daughter's eye

It's not what you think. Really. Yes, my daughter does have a black eye, but of course I did not do it on purpose. About a week ago Mike and I went out looking at houses. Ours is about to hit the market, so we thought we'd better start looking. It was hot outside so I had sandals on. So we get out of the car, look at the house and go to get back in the car. This is when  I accidentally shut my sandal in the door. When I did, the sandal broke. We were on the 2nd of 4 houses that Mike had us scheduled to see and I refused to go in other people's houses that I did not know if my bare feet. Luckily my car is a pigsty and I found a spare pair of socks to wear while touring the houses. So we pull up to the next house, look at the down stairs, look at the upstairs and then we are headed down the stairs toward the front door. I am carrying Addison down the stairs because she's way too little to go down stairs by herself. I guess between me carrying a wiggle worm down narrow stairs and walking down stairs in socked feet, I lost my footing and fell down the stairs while holding Addy. As a mamma, your first instinct is to protect that baby. I managed to keep her from harm, but we bumped heads pretty hard. She cried so hard and I felt so bad, but other that the noggin-knockin' she came away unharmed. Because of the fall, my baby girl is now sporting a black eye and guess what I'm sportin'? A broken hand AND a black eye. Yeah. At least Addison is unharmed other than her little shiner!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Louisville Area Homes

Followers

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved