Thursday, July 21, 2016

Evelyn's birth

Where do I start? I should maybe start by saying over the past 6 days my heart has grown so much I think it might explode. Evelyn Ann was born on July 17, 2016 at 2:47 pm and I can't describe how in love with this little girl I am. 

At my last doctor's appointment Mike and I discussed inducing with our Doctor. I have had a pregnancy "disease" (if you will) called cholestasis of the liver. Basically my liver enzymes were high as well as some acid levels causing some complications. At 37 weeks the risk of having a still born baby due to this increased exponentially, so we were asked if we wanted to be induced at 37 weeks since Evelyn would then be considered "full-term." After talking it over and sleeping on the pros and cons, we decided the best thing to do was be induced on the 37 week mark.  The day Evelyn was born was quite a day. I was supposed to call the hospital for check in at 5am. The nurse said to wait and call back because all of the rooms were full. So we did, and were told to keep calling back every couple of hours. We finally checked into the labor and delivery hall at 2:30 and my pitocin was started a roughly 3:30. I'd always heard your second labor goes faster with the second, but just like with Addison, Evelyn was born 23 hours later. We are so in love with the newest addition to our family!

Evelyn AnnFogle
July 17, 2016
2:47 pm
7lbs 11ounces
19 and 3/4 inches long 














No comments:

Post a Comment

Louisville Area Homes

Followers

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved