Tuesday, July 8, 2014

On your second birthday

Addison,

I just finished rocking you to sleep on your second birthday. We've had a great day today filled with lots of love. I can't believe you're two already. I know it sounds silly, but it seems like yesterday that you were born and my heart exploded with love for you. I didn't realize that when my heart exploded with love for you that it would keep growing and growing every single day. It seems like each new days brings something new that you're doing that makes me fall deeper in love with you. I am so in awe of all the amazing characteristics God has given you. You're caring heart is a something that you amaze me with. Even at two years old, you're concerned about others and I admire that in you. You're sincere gratitude for things is something else that leaves me standing in awe. Sometimes I don't even have to remind you to say thank you or to show appreciation, you do it on your own, and to do that at two is something else, little girl. You are also a very funny, very witty girl. You keep us laughing. I'll tell you one thing, I love spending time with you for so many reasons, but definitely because you make me laugh. You're brave, optimistic and determined. I love so many things about you. little girl!

I thought that when you turned one I was sad, but watching you turn two makes me heart hurt and makes me happy all at the same time. I'm happy because you are healthy, growing and maturing into a beautiful little girl. You don't look like a baby anymore at all, but I love that you remind me of how little you are sometimes. You will overhear me telling someone how big you are and you will always come tell me that you are little. I love that you remind me that event though you are much bigger than when you entered this world, you are still indeed, a very little girl. Your heart is so precious and fragile and I pray every single night that God will show me the way to guide you and your heart as you turn from "little" into a "big" girl.

I know that you aren't reading this as a I write it, but I keep this blog for you as a way to look back at your childhood. One day when you are older and you are reading this, I want you to know one thing. I am so proud of who you are. God made one amazing little girl when he created you and I want you to know that I love you and I am proud of you just the way you are. Don't ever change a thing about yourself! Happy 2nd birthday, my sweet girl. You are loved more than you could ever fathom.

I love you,
Mommy

P.S. Let's take a look at how we spent your second birthday. It was a good one!
We started the day out with a trip to the zoo. You make being two look cool!

You loved riding on the carousel with daddy. You are so proud of your ticket in this picture. It's hard to see, but you're holding it up.

Then we got to feed a giraffe (Sylvester) and he even took a picture with us!




We stopped to look at your favorites, the merekats.

They are pretty cute...


Then went home for a nap. After your nap we were going to take you to the Spaghetti Factory, but you insisted on Chich-fil-A.

After dinner we went swimming at the pool. You're known as the swimming baby by the manager because you love the water so much.














And we couldn't let your birthday pass without something sweet to eat. You're into milkshakes, so that we what we got you! Yours was peanut butter.

And we ended the day relaxing in the backyard, milkshakes in hand and toys all around.




It was a great day that mommy and daddy enjoyed with you. Happy second birthday, Addy bug!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Louisville Area Homes

Followers

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved