Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Tybee Island 2013

We were lucky enough to get to go on 2 vacations this year. The first was with my side of the family and the second was with Mike's side. We ventured to Tybee Island, Georgia which is really close to Savannah. I'd never bee there before, but we really enjoyed ourselves; especially little missy who LOVED the water. So much so she would cry when she would wake up from her nap and she would realize she was inside instead of out. Fonda always tells me how much Mike loved being outside and I think this situation is "like father, like daughter."

The first night there we were tired from driving so we quickly got something to eat at a little restaurant by the ocean. Addison liked driving the boat that was part of their decor.

Then we strolled over to the beach to let the girls walk around for a few minutes. We didn't know what we were getting in to...




THEY LOVED IT!




Addison and Olivia did a lot of playing together. I love that they love one another!






An of course we went to the beach. Addison still loved the birds, but I noticed such a difference in her this time around. She was so comfortable being on the beach and where she was a little apprehensive of the water our first trip, this time she crawled right in to it with no fear.





Our second night was a little rainy and so we decided to make the short drive to Savannah to check it out. I had always heard it was beautiful, but man, that place is gorgeous!






I love this picture! Mike saw this cannon when we were walking and Addison wanted on top of it. That smile says it all!






This man was sweet. He played some tunes Addison recognized and she would just clap and watch him.




We found the NEATEST candy shop down by the river. It was interesting to watch them make all the candy. They also had gelato which Addison discovered she loved...


Watching taffy be made

One happy girl after each gelato





Ok so this is a good story. The picture of the people on the cart...so as we are walking back to our car we see this group of people who are touring Savannah by sitting at what looked like a picnic table but the seats had pedals under them so you could move the cart. As they passed we were talking about how neat it was and Addison started clapping. We had no clue they were all watching Addison and when she clapped they all clapped and cheered for her. It was hilarious!

My last name before I became a Fogle...








We loved our time at the beach!














This one is surely a keeper!


















Mike got a hold of the camera for a bit...



















my little beach babe












This set of pictures is my favorite from the entire trip!










my heart <3











































This restaurant was super neat. It was called the Crab Shack and apparently it's pretty famous. I liked the atmosphere a lot. It was very laid back, set on the water so you could drive your boat right up and it had a lot for kids to see and do. At the front of the restaurant there is a "swamp" with 70-80 alligators...yes, I typed that right, 70-80! You can buy a pole and food from the bartender and feed them while you wait for your food and man, the kids that were a little older than Addy and Olivia loved it! The other thing I liked about it was their exhibit of wild birds. They had the prettiest parrot I've ever seen! Mike would say he liked the sampler platter that was so big it cost $80...5 people did eat on it, but it was HUGE!



My little baby on our last night out...










An now we are back home and I've been unpacking. Addison doesn't approve so she just sits on the clothes in the suit case so I can't get them out...she's too funny!


Little stinker up in the cabinet. Has nothing to do with vacation but I wanted to share it- HA!

Like Addison told the beach when we left," Bye, bye! Can't wait to see you next year!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Louisville Area Homes

Followers

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved