Friday, April 25, 2014

Zoo

Mike and I had a minor freak out a few weeks ago when we went to take Addison to the zoo for the first time this season and she screamed in fear the entire time. Well I say entire time, but we only make it about 1/8 of the loop and turned around and left because she was freaking out. We have already bought our zoo pass for the season so Mike and I were just praying that she would get over her fear. Honestly, I don't know what it was that scared her because last year, I kid you not, we took her to the zoo at least 2 times a week and she loved it! So 2 weekend ago I tried to take her back by myself while Mike was at work. She told me in the car that she was excited and we talked a lot about how the zoo had a playground. I know right, take your child to the zoo and play on the swings, but I was desperate for her to get over her fear. I was proud of her. She was still scared, but she did push through it and I believe she is started to feel better about the zoo. At first she was clinging to me. Not crying, just fretful. I assured her she was ok and just kind of let her call the shots. When she was done looking at that particular animal, we moved on. If she didn't want to stop at an exhibit at all, we kept walking. I think that helped. And the fact that there was a playground, but whatever, I'll take it. I'm hoping to that her back soon so she gets used to it!
She's cool

The zoo is gorgeous right now! Beautiful trees and flowers blooming everywhere

She did love the carousel 

and the polar bear

sea lion

lions

and camel
but most of all thank goodness for the playground. It's going to be what helped our child over the hump of being petrified of the zoo!














No comments:

Post a Comment

Louisville Area Homes

Followers

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved