Thursday, November 17, 2011

Our little orange seed


So if I have calculated correctly, we are about 6 weeks along with our little one. This week the baby is about the size of an orange seed and there is a lot of developing going on. This week the baby will develop all of his/her major body systems, including the digestive system and the nervous system.  He or she will also have a fully functioning heart, a stomach, lungs and many other organs. Our little one is also busy growing a spinal cord, but this will not become closed and functional until next week.

As for me, I am feeling great! I have not had any morning sickness yet (KNOCK ON WOOD!) and I have had a fair amount of energy. I get tired around noon each day, but I think that's because I have cut my caffeine WAY back! I always thought it was weird when people said they felt a difference in their body right off, but now that I am in the situation, I totally understand. I definitely know that something is different. I have a little stinging sensation that comes and goes right below my belly button that I have never really had before. It doesn't hurt at all, but I can tell a little bit of a difference.

Last night at Wal-Mart the hubby and I picked up our very own copy of What to Expect When You're Expecting. I have really enjoyed reading through a lot of it. I've had a lot of moments where I thought, "Oh yea! That's happening to me right now! I have felt that!..." Right now I am reading about choosing a doctor and hospital to deliver with. I never knew there were so many logistics. I am definitely paying attention to what the book recommends to ask at your first appointment, because I want to feel like I have a good understanding of what is going to happen to me when I am having this little one. Who knew there would be so many questions to ask?!

We have our first appointment on Dec. 19. We are really excited to get the ball rolling and start making some plans! Please keep praying for the baby's health, my health and for my excited hubby!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Louisville Area Homes

Followers

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved