Sunday, November 13, 2011

Big News!

Let me start by saying I can't believe I am actually getting ready to write this post. I am so excited to share some exciting news, although I am still in a state of shock.

Last month, Mike and I met up at Target before heading to dinner. When we got in our car, Mike looked at me and said when we got home, he wanted to have a family meeting. Me being me, I immediately responded, "Let's just have it here!" Mike smiled and began talking about how he had been thinking about how great things are going right now and how he really wanted to try and start a family (something we have both wanted for a while, but it just wasn't our time). This was absolutely the last thing I expected to come out of his mouth, but something that I wanted oh so badly. I cried, jumped up and down (well bounced up and down) and then squeezed him to death! I was so excited!! That was on October 13. That night the BC went out the window, and we officially started trying for a baby!

Ok...fast forward about a month. Last night I decided that I would take a pregnancy test just to see. In the back of my mind I thought, "No way! It doesn't happen that easily, but I'll take one anyway." So I went into our bathroom before bed, took the test and waited for the results. I decided to read a magazine while I was waiting, then a couple of minutes later, I began to pray. A baby is something I have wanted for a LONG time and God has really taught me a lesson about patience and waiting for his timing through all of this. So before I turned to look at the test, I prayed a prayer that went something like this:

" Father God,
Thank you for already knowing my children. I can't wait to meet them, but I am ready to be happy and content with whatever path you have chosen for our family right now. Thank you for your perfect timing."

So at that point, I turn around, grab the test, (**TOTALLY EXPECTING IT TO BE NEGATIVE**) but there it was, this little + sign in the window. I was SHOCKED! I think I sat there for a good minute or two before I actually moved.

I wanted to think of some cute little way to tell the hubby, but I am NO good at secrets! There was no way I could keep it. So I opened the bathroom door with the biggest smile on my face, walked over to Mike and laid the test on the bathroom counter. I just looked at him and said, "You're going to be a daddy!" A few minutes of hugs, kisses and conversation, got into bed and thanked God for his gift.

Since last night I have taken 2 other tests, both positive. We are so excited to start this journey and stand in awe of the gift that God has given us. 

So... this blog will be a journey through our pregnancy and into our first time as parents. I can not wait to start sharing this special time in our lives with you! I will leave you with a few scriptures that I have been thinking about today:

"Every good and perfect gift is from above." James 1:17

"For this child I prayed, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him." 1Samuel 1:27

"Delight yourself in the Lord, and he shall give you the desires of your heart." Psalms 34:4



No comments:

Post a Comment

Louisville Area Homes

Followers

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved