Monday, May 19, 2014

Mother's Day

Mother's Day this year was really fun...low key for us, which was good. Mother's Day was on Sunday, but on Saturday Addison and I went and celebrated with my mom. We took her out to eat at a place called Shakespeare and Co. and if you haven't been, you should go. It's a really neat, girly place downtown Lexington that has great food. On Sunday we celebrated Mother's Day by attempting church (Addison usually goes with my MIL while we go to service, but she was out of town. We tried, Addy screamed, we left).I think we were at church all of 5 minutes. Then we packed a lunch and went to the zoo for a picnic and family time together. We had a ball and I loved it. Just what we needed!

Addison and Mike riding the train. It's one of  Addison's favorites. 


 I LOVE this picture! Pure joy! I never knew that you could love one human being so much until the day I became a Mommy. This little girl makes my world a brighter place!






We stayed for the sea lion show that happens each day. The trainers come out, feed the animals, give them some exercise and their medicine (one gets eye drops). For us, it's really entertaining, so we watched and Addison wanted to sit by the fence where all the other kids were so she could see better. I took her and when the sea lion went to jump from the platform back into the water, he splashed...this is the reaction we got...


Not sure if you can tell, but she is really offended and upset. I, of course, laughed!

It was a great and relaxing Mother's Day. I feel so incredibly blessed to have not only my mother, who has modeled and shown me how to be the best mommy I can be to my little girl, but to have the most amazing little girl that calls me Mommy. Mike and I are blessed for sure!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Louisville Area Homes

Followers

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved